The Point Hostal Mancora

Check Mancora Hotel Deals

The Point Hostal Mancora Reviews

dreaminred dreaminr…
The point at Mancora, worst experience ever Jan 12, 2010
I had an awful experience staying a night in The point hostal Mancora. I have previously stayed in The point hostal in Lima (they have many hostals across Bolivia and Peru)so I can definitely compare this experience to others.

There are many points I would like to mention here:

1)The beach bungalow with "private bathrooms" mean - an empty bungalow with a bed full of sand and NO water whatsoever. So you really can NOT use the bathroom or toilet since there is NO water to flush, wash your hands or shower.

2) Communal Bathrooms are below average. I have seen some pretty disgusting showers but this was the worst and wait for this... NO HOT water. We have been promised hot water but during the 1 night we stayed there I didn't see any.

3) Staff is not properly trained. I have asked the girl at the reception to provide me 2 towels for rent, to which she responded that they DON'T rent out towels. I was surprised and asked her why is the sign behind her back says otherwise, apparently she didn't know about that. She also didn't know many other things such as you get a free backpack present if you stayed in 4 different the point hostals (my bf tried to claim his) and she refused. Of course, she was wrong again! The manager was kind enough to apologize and provide the earned prize to my bf saying that the girl has recently started working so she was not very well trained.

4) The music is LOUD. We were quite far away in our bungalow from the reception and the main area but it was Not enough. We could hear the "lovely" hard rock music until 3 AM and when we thought it couldn't get worse, it did. The drummers came to play their music right next to our bungalow!!

5) I can understand that there are a lot of young backpackers out there who's main priority is NOT to see the country and learn the culture but to F┬Ěck, drink like there is not tomorrow, take drugs and act like a pig. But come on! You've got to be really low to have sex on OUR doorsteps!!!! And here I go again about disgusting things I've seen lying on the floor of the communal toilets. Poor cleaning lady who has to witness and clean up their S....t

6) when it came to settling the bill, we have also discovered that there were additional things on our bill that we have NOT ordered or consumed. Thankfully the girl sorted it out in the end.

Overall impression. Would I ever go there again? NEVER.

Check Mancora Hotel Deals