The Pluckemin Inn

359 Route 202/206 & Pluckemin Way, Bedminster, NJ, USA - (908) 658-9292

The Pluckemin Inn Bedminster Reviews

mrgishi mrgishi
Biggest wine list in New Jersey, but not cheap! Aug 03, 2008
The Pluckemin Inn is a very nice special occasion restaurant located in central New Jersey. The service is knowledgeable, friendly and not too pretentious. The restaurant has two floors with several different serving rooms all with hard wood floors and rustic, but refined look. There are roaring fires in the winter time. Many seats are located around the perimeter of a multi-story wine tower surrounded in glass. From these seats, you can see their vast wine collection, which is the one of the largest in the country. They have an elevating mechanism to retrieve the bottles that reminds me of a Peter Pan play. Though you can pretty much get any wine you can think of here, you usually pay a hefty price, more than usual at a restaurant. I've seen things I have at my house for four to five times as much. They do have a list called the Pluckemin 100 that are supposed to be the best values. They have at least four bottles that go for more than $12,000! The highest I've seen is a 1934 Romanee-Conti Grand Cru for $25,000! Ouch! So what about the food? The food is very good and some dishes are quite inventive, but I wouldn't say they are worthy of some of the excellent wines they have. The entrees are substantial, and they are very flexible about ordering combinations of different courses and sizes of plates. I have thoroughly enjoyed my meals the two times I have been here, but I find it hard to swallow the inflated wine prices. The last time I started with a cocktail and still move to a wine. Maybe next time I should just stick to cocktails.

Check Bedminster Hotel Deals