The Plough At Langley

01622 842159

The Plough At Langley Maidstone Reviews

Stigen Stigen
Don`t buy food here.. Mar 20, 2011
I got very frustrated today when me and my girlfriend went for a pub meal.

We went to The Plough pub and I decided to order a burger meal.

After an hour wait the waiter brought out the most pathetic pub burger I have ever seen. We have ordered burgers in at least 20 pubs , and always been happy becasue they have all made it in their own way , and ususally with local meat. I don`t think it is too much to hope for a homemade proper burger in a pub. In Mccdonalds I get the mass produced burger and bun , and I can understand it...but not in a pub..

I was amazed when she brought out the food , and I could`nt contain my amazement , my girlfriend even said she was embarrased by my reaction.

What was on my plate was as far away from my expectations as it could possibly have been. It was indeed a cheezeburger with processed cheeze that was utterly and completely identical to the 99 pence cheezeburger they sell at Mccdonalds. And it came with some pathetic chips and coleslaw(!).

My first thought was " What the f****!" .

Why would it take an hour to make that crap ? Why are you serving it in a pub? why does it look like A tesco ready-to-microwave 50 pence burger , or a Mcdonalds standard cheeseburger?

My girlfriend got some dry chicken and chips. Anyway it was not worth 20 pound. Please avoid this place.

I know it is quite pointless to write this review as no one who goes to a small pub in the middle of countryside UK is gonna read up on it first, but I am writing this just to blow off some steam, if nothing else :)
Daive says:
yikes...
Posted on: May 22, 2011
Chokk says:
Så er det sku godt at du fik skrevet dig ud af din frustration :D
Posted on: Mar 21, 2011
Stigen says:
I did have a beer , even that was expensive..
Posted on: Mar 21, 2011