The Plant - Cafe Organic

3352 Steiner, San Francisco, CA, USA - (415) 931-2777

The Plant - Cafe Organic San Francisco Reviews

One_Coconut One_Coco…
Affordable healthy food in San Francisco May 18, 2011
I wanted to share a place I go to a lot whenever I'm in the city. Listen up vegans, this is a place to note. The Plant has food for vegans and vegetarians (chicken, eggs, turkey, fish, cheese, etc.)

They have a wide variety of food to choose from in a casual, informal atmosphere. They offer smoothies, teas, salads and some raw foods too. When you first go in, you choose from their extensive menu while you are waiting in line to order. On your way to the cash register they have a display of cookies, cakes and other vegan and non-vegan desserts to tempt you(it usually works). You place your order at the cash register, get a number, and then pick your utensils, your table, and wait. They will deliver the food to you.

It is not stuffy food, it is healthy comfort food. My favorite is the Plant Burger, which is vegan, delicious and very filling.I'm an all day grazer, so I usually can't finish it in one sitting. I've had non-vegans taste it and they said they liked it too. It's not a meat burger, of course, but delicious in it's own right. I'm not trying to convince them otherwise.

As a treat one day I tried their Raspberry cashew-cheesecake. At $6.50 per slice, this was a splurge for me. It was really good though, and I swear my eyesight got sharper after I ate it. It did! Stop laughing. ;-)

Anyway, if you're in the neighborhood of one of these and like healthy foods, check it out. Hope you like it.
Got a picture of the one at SFO, b…

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals