The Placencia Resort

Check Placencia Hotel Deals

The Placencia Resort Reviews

Soo_Jun Soo_Jun
The Placencia Resort (All Inclusive) Apr 25, 2011
I stayed at The Placencia Resort in Placencia, Belize. They advertise it as a luxury resort but they are not quite there yet. I was there for a week with 15 other scuba divers on a week of diving adventure to see some whale sharks.

For the 7 days that I stayed, I didn't see much of the resort since we were up at 5am and was out to dive by 6am and returned back to the resort for dinner and sleeping.

But for the duration of what I saw the staff at the resort were great. Breakfast wasn't till 7am but they made breakfast for 16 divers every day for 5:30am and arranged us a shuttle (pick up and drop off) service to the dive shop for 5 days. The resort had a over the ocean buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) although I didn't get to experience the lunch at the resort due to my diving. The pool was amazing! infinity double deck pool with a swim up bar. The beds were comfortable and had a small kitchen (small stove, fridge with free bottled water everyday, sink and 2-4 cups and dishes) They have free bikes you can rent along with free sea kayak rentals. They have one reservation A La Carte per room during your stay and they give you enough food to make you fall asleep at the dinner table. I had Cesar Salad, 12oz Rib Eye with veggies and mashed potatoes and Tiramishu; let me say I could not finish my steak.

If you're looking for 5 star dining and service experience look somewhere else. I gave it a 4 star due to the fact that the employees at this resort went and beyond call of duty for my dive group.

Check Placencia Hotel Deals