The Place d' Armes Hotel

625 Saint Ann St, New Orleans, LA, USA
www.placedarmes.com - 1-888-626-5917
The Place d' Armes Hotel - Enjoying free breakfast and newspaper in the tea room.
The Place d' Armes Hotel - Street view from the room - St Ann st.
The Place d' Armes Hotel - Street view from the room - St Ann st.
The Place d' Armes Hotel - The room with all the lights on
The Place d' Armes Hotel - The Pool area outside, kept very clean even in November.

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals

The Place d' Armes Hotel New Orleans Reviews

juleigh juleigh
Easy going, southern helpfulness Oct 15, 2012
I stayed here solo for 4 days during November 2011 and didn't want to leave. A colonial era hotel in the French Quarter, the location is fabulous - on a safe and quiet street just off the main drag, Bourbon St. All staff were polite, helpful and extended genuine southern manners and hospitality during my stay, from the bell boy/porter to the check in staff, to the kitchen staff and cleaning ladies.

The Hotel itself is quite stylistic, I didn't mind the heavy room settings, stone corridors, older four poster beds and low lighting because I was seeing a different side of the USA. I'm not sure why it's only rated a three star hotel, I thought it was as good as any four star I've stayed in elsewhere - except there wasn't a bar or in-house restaurant though free continental breakfast is served every morning. It's nothing fancy, just some croissants, pastries, fruit, toast, coffee and juice - but it was nice, and I enjoyed it whilst reading the local newspapers in the sun room each morning. The Decor in that room is just amazing, took my breath away. I had a bath the first day I was there, the tub was very clean and deep-soaking, it was very comfortable and relaxing. The shower also had good pressure and got hot quickly.

To get between the hotel & MSY airport, I took a cab for the flat rate of around $36. The rest of the time I explored the city on foot (a keen walker can see most places for free) and by taking the tram to outer-lying parks and museums.

You can drink alcohol anywhere on the streets in New Orleans, as long as you don't have glass - you can also take it out with you/sometimes bring it in, it's very laid back. As I was traveling solo, I tried not to stay out late (esp not drunk), but the free Jazz nights teased me out twice - with the downside being you HAVE to order a drink if you want to go, and you HAVE to order a second drink if you finish your first (to keep your spot in the bar). This is fairly safe to do as a solo traveler providing you are watching the amount you drink, know exactly where your hotel is (it should be close) or are willing to get a cab. Stay away from/off St Louis st, lots of locals told me that at different times.

Dancing down frenchman street is fun, but be careful if you're walking back alone a bit tipsy. I did, and it was scary and I wish I'd just shelled out the odd $10 for a cab.
The room with all the lights on
Street view from the room - St Ann…
The Pool area outside, kept very c…

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals