The Pirates' House

20 East Broad Street, Savannah, GA, USA
The Pirates' House - Pirates' House restaurant. In the center is the Herb House (1753)
The Pirates' House - Drew encounters a Pirate!
The Pirates' House - Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad
The Pirates' House - She Crab Soup
The Pirates' House - Long John Silver will spin a tale
The Pirates' House - Pirates' House restaurant
The Pirates' House - Pirate carving

The Pirates' House Savannah Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
The Much Ballyhooed Pirates House Apr 05, 2012
When a colleague at work learned I was to visit Savannah, she told me that I must visit the Pirates' House restaurant. It seemed promising, located as it is in one of the oldest buildings in the city.

We elected to have a late lunch at the Pirates' House after visiting Wormsloe Plantation and Bonaventure Cemetery in the morning. Even at 2:00 p.m. there was a large crowd waiting. It certainly is popular! Plan to allow extra time if you come. We sat at the bar in order to save time.

Outside, the Herb House, dating from 1753, can be discerned, though there have been many additions over the years to make the present restaurant. Inside, the ambiance reminded me of Columbia Harbor House at Disney World. Wandering pirates come up to you at your table and engage in banter. There is a lot of pirate bric-a-brac about. Supposedly, the establishment was once a tavern from which patrons were Shanghaied. I really did not see the evidence. Upstairs is a gift shop including an audio-anamatronic Long John Sliver who will tell pirate tales on demand.

Oh, yes, the food. I ordered a cup of She Crab Soup and a Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad. It was good, but nothing particularly special.

I guess I don't get the Pirates' House as many others apparently do. It did not live up to all the hoo-hah it receives. It would be a good place to take children. I'm glad i could tell my coworker I went. But, on another trip, I'd want to try another of Savannah's many restaurants.
Pirates' House restaurant. In the …
She Crab Soup
Fried Green Tomato BLT Salad
The pirate at the Pirates' House
spocklogic says:
Not bad lookin' food there matey, but nothing special you say - Arrgh! Does look a fun place for kids though.
Posted on: Sep 08, 2012
vances says:
Appreciate the honest review - I think we strolled past this place and declined, lol. Sounds like a good choice!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2012