"The Pike"

south of Pine Ave, Long Beach, CA, USA

"The Pike" Long Beach Reviews

Owens Owens
Oct 27, 2006
Long Beach has this part of downtown, near a pier, that they call "The

Pike". It's home to some great happy hours at Island or Gameworks, and

it also has a Borders and huge movie theater. But, best of all is a

random Carousel and Ferris Wheel. I was a little disappointed with

spending 2$ on a ferris wheel ride that seems like 3 minutes long. But,

it was still dramatic. I would suggest a walk down to the Pike,

just to see the wheel at night.
sdbleve says:
X_Drive, I too grew up going to the Pike as a kid. What we remember is long gone! :( It is now a nice area of shops and resturants. Not the seedy, arcades and carney type stuff that I remember in the 70's and 80's.
Posted on: Dec 12, 2006
X_Drive says:
I grew up about ten miles from there and remember when it was a "REAL" entertainment hot spot. That's back in the 1940s, and 50s. That ferris wheel used to be a double wheel, so it was more than twice as high. And there used to be a huge indoor pool (The Plunge) and it used to be about a half mile long with arcades, food, games, and thousand of people, including Navy guys from nearby Terminal Island. Is the old Wooden Roller Coaster still open?
Posted on: Oct 28, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About "The Pike"

late night rendevous....alright by me
Alice had mentioned that she was meeting up with a young lady that was in the LA area from somewhere up north.  I was supposed to go if I didn't make the Las Vegas meetup to say goodbye to Will …Long Beach.  Alice picked out The Pike in Long Beach as our final destination.  When I finally arrived…
OMG...I Have Pink Fur Stuck to My Lips! LOL
So, Sunday I woke up to my phone ringing at almost 11am - talk about oversleeping. Yikes!  The plan for Sunday was possibly to meet up with Angel (knead2travel) for smoothies on her way to the M…Long Beach.  We opted to head over to the Pike and see what kind of trouble we could get into…

Check Long Beach Hotel Deals