The Pie Place Cafe

207 Wisconsin Street, Grand Marais, MN, USA
The Pie Place Cafe - Restaurant front
The Pie Place Cafe - view from restaurant (of Lake Superior)
The Pie Place Cafe - pancake and cheesy potatoes
The Pie Place Cafe - Summer breakfast sandwich and cheesy potatoes
The Pie Place Cafe - Voyaguer breakfast - pancakes, eggs, cheesy potatoes, and sausage

The Pie Place Cafe Grand Marais Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Delicious and Different Breakfast May 29, 2012
The Pie Place Cafe is a little family owned restaurant along the shore of Lake Superior in Grand Marais, Minnesota. I was up here for the weekend with some friends and we met for breakfast at this little gem. This restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but I was only here for breakfast.

The menu is somewhat limited, but has some great options including omelets, eggs benedict, pancakes, waffles, and bakery items. I got the summer breakfast sandwich - a croissant bottom, avocado spread, tomato, asparagus, bacon, and fried egg. It was really good, but definitely not finger food! It came with the breakfast potatoes, which are a cheesy, delicious, hashbrown type potato with red peppers. It was sooo good! My friends tried the pancakes and those were also pretty good (I snuck a couple bites).

For lunch, they have sandwiches, salads, fish, and burgers. For dinner they have most of the lunch items plus casseroles and entrees. Yum, I just read the dinner menu and found some things I'd like to try.

The restaurant has several tables and big picture windows overlooking Lake Superior. Artwork on the walls consist of local scenery. The service was pretty good, although the waiter forgot to bring my tea. Luckily I could get it to go. The food came out pretty fast, too. We were there on Memorial Weekend, which is typically busy up here, but with the crummy weather, it was pretty quiet in town. If you come in the peak of summer, I would expect a wait to be seated. The restaurant is open year round.

I would definitely come here again and would especially like to try some of the other menu options. This place was also voted the "best breakfast in town" but I don't know what the competition is. If you are up here and looking for a good meal anytime of the day (well, meal times, anyway), this would be a good place to try out. Parking is on the street and limited. Expect to walk some.
Voyaguer breakfast - pancakes, egg…
Summer breakfast sandwich and chee…
pancake and cheesy potatoes
view from restaurant (of Lake Supe…
missandrea81 says:
I love pie!
Posted on: May 31, 2012
Chokk says:
Posted on: May 30, 2012
X_Drive says:
Sounds good, but I was expecting something about all the different kinds of pies they had.. not one mention. :D
Posted on: May 29, 2012