The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences

Early Check in - 50% extra

Breakfast Included

Wifi Free

Checkin & Check out

As I said, In-spite of paying 50% extra and informing in advance, I was not given my room on time and had to wait for 90 minutes. That apart, most of the other things were alright. Check out was smooth. People at the reception were friendly and helpful.

Rooms

Most of their rooms are Studio Apartments with a balcony. I liked the room. It had a small counter with two induction stoves, one oven, few wine and beer glasses and a mini bar. If you are staying long time, I guess you could do some basic cooking there. I did not check, but I am sure they could provide with a frying pan etc.

The room was quite spacious with a 40 Inch LCD TV, queen size bed, a comfortable couch and a study table. The room had free wifi, so no connectivity issue. Bathroom was alright, no bathtub, but a cool rain shower to make up for.

The Bed

There was something wrong with the bed. It did not completly meet the wall behind it and there was this gap and my pillow kept getting stuffed in this gap whole night. It was a little irritating.

The TV

It was a nice 40 inch LCD TV with a DTH connection and there were quite a few channels to cater most nationalities. I found a few Hindi TV channels there. though I did not have much time to watch TV.

Also, there was a DVD player kept beside, in case you want to watch your own movies. I am not sure if they had a DVD library in the hotel, I did not check. Having a DVD in room, I feel, is a pretty cool facility. There are times when there is nothing on TV and you have time to kill and I personally like watching Hollywood movies.

Internet

As I said, the room comes with a free wifi connection and the connection speed was pretty fast, I must say. Along with DVD, I find this another facility that is very helpful and that too now-a-days when almost everyopne wants to stay connected and has some kind of Internet footprint to trace.

The Gym

I used it just once for a short time, but yes, they have it and it may be small with just a couple joggers, but its not so occupied and in my opinion, a great facility to have.

Amenities

Amenities in the bathroom were not many, a soap cake, shampoo and a conditioner. Soap was ok, but shrunk wrapped and the shrink wrapping was a little too sticky to come out. I had no option, but to peel it off with my teeth.

The Breakfast

The Breakfast, I must say, is a major let down at this hotel. There is a very clumsy buffet with a few bread options and one dish. If you want more, you can chose one dish from their menu, which comes free, but anything more and you need to pay. I found this a bit lousy and something I am not used to. May be those huge breakfast spreads at hotels have spoiled me, but I did not like it.

Dinnin Options

Well, I just saw one restaurant in the hotel and that is where they serve breakfast. The location is very interesting. It feels like a street restaurant as it has an open space right by the side of the street.

I ordered a club sandwitch at 11 pm in the night and the taste was nice plus the size was big. Si, I had my tummy full.

Just beside the restaurant they have a bar, which apparently remains open till 12 PM. It seems to have a pretty nice collection of wines, locals and imported, though I did not have time to sit there. Apart from the collection of wines, there is nothing else, like to live music etc, which somehow felt a little un-attractive, which may also be the reason why it was empty most of the times I saw it.

Location

Its right in the heart of the Makati City and amongst amny residential buildings. I felt it is quite centrally located and close to almost everything around Makati City. On the flip side, its next to many residential buildings and may be this is the reason why the bar was so quiet.
The view of the hotel from the str…
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
congrats on the featured!
Posted on: Feb 03, 2012
Johnpro says:
Congratulations for your feature review :)
Posted on: Feb 03, 2012
Johnpro says:
Great review ! thanks for sharing :)
Posted on: Jan 31, 2012
ahintofvanilla ahintofv…
Picasso Boutique - Makati's Best Kept Secret Jul 03, 2011
The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residence could very well be Makati's best kept secret. It is a clean, stylish, modern concept of art, converted into a hotel/serviced apartment. Location wise, it is within the central business district and everything is within walking distance. The Ayala Center Malls are a good 15-20 minute walk and everything else is within reach. Restaurants are nearby, as well as banks, convenience stores, drug store, as well as multiple coffee shops.

This hotel is a 5 minute walk from where I live and I'd say that one of the best experiences would be during the weekend, when you'd get to experience the Salcedo Saturday Weekend Market. Step outside the hotel and within 2-3 minutes walk, you'd reach the Velasquez park where the weekend market is being held each. It is primarily a food market and it ranges from local food to French food, Indian food, Turkish treats, Spanish, Thai, Chinese, and lots of desserts to choose from. People from all over the metro actually drive here to experience this, it's a well-known market, which is worth the long drive.

I once stayed over with some of my European friends when they visited the country and they were blown away by the lovely staff, the service, the food, and really enjoyed the location. You'd also enjoy the rain shower, as well as the balcony that comes along with the unit, where you'd get to watch and observe the street. I say that if you have to stay in Makati, you'd definitely get the most value when you stay in Picasso. Of course if you are an artist, and you adore Picasso, all the more you'd love the concept of this place. Just don't expect and look for a swimming pool, and you should be good to go. =)
explorer2012 says:
Thanks, I am staying at this hotel when I arrive Manilla day after and your review makes me feel confortable that I am at the right place.
Posted on: Jan 15, 2012
aldypurnadi says:
Verry Usefull :)
thanks
Posted on: Aug 08, 2011
beetles108 says:
I totally agree with your review! :)
Posted on: Jul 06, 2011
beetles108 beetles1…
Stylish, Colourful and Artistic Hotel Dec 07, 2010
A boutique hotel transformed from an old building into an artistic design. Nested in the salcedo village, in the heart of Makati city, Picasso boutique hotel is one of the ideal places for a new visitor like me.

I stayed in a 45sqm studio room, equipped with 32” flat screen TV, kitchenette with electrical stove, microwave, tea and coffee making facility, minibar, hairdryer and iPod docking station.

The room has a comfortable king size bed and spacious bathroom. The bathroom is equipped with a rain shower head, which is a plus point here.

The unit also comes with balcony where you can observe the busy life around the hotel.

Wifi internet access is available for free too.

The gym is located on the 5th & 6th floor, has a good view of the street.

Breakfast is at the Brasserie Boheme restaurant on the ground floor.

There is an art gallery on the 3th floor, featuring Filipino contemporary art. The gallery is open from 10am to 7pm.

The hotel staffs are extremely friendly and helpful.

My 3 days stays in this hotel were comfortable and pleasant.
The main entrance and the small lo…
Gym
Microwave

The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences Overview

Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences is located in the heart of Makati City in the Philippines. Guests will appreciate the active nightlife, the upscale shopping, and fine dining surrounding the hotel. Other places of interest include the Santa Ana Racetrack, Greenbelt Park, the Ayala Museum, the Manila American Cemetery and Memorial, the Cultural Center of the Philippines, and the Philippine International Convention Center. Guests of Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences may avail themselves of the shuttle between the airport and the hotel. Many options for public transportation are located nearby, such as buses, trains, and water buses. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and the staff is happy to help make arrangements for rental cars or taxi services.

Each of Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences's 136 guest rooms is equipped with premium bedding, work desks with Internet connections, telephones, cable or satellite television, irons and ironing boards, in-room movies, and en suite baths with hair dryers, bathrobes, and complimentary toiletries.

This nine-story boutique hotel offers many upscale amenities, such as a well-equipped gym and fitness center, massage services, a fine dining restaurant, a cocktail lounge, laundry and dry cleaning services, meeting facilities, and wireless high-speed Internet. Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences staff is available 24 hours per day.

The Picasso Boutique Serviced Residences Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Health Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Private Bathroom
  • Bathtub/Shower Combination
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out