The Phoenix Jazz Club

302 West 8th Street, Kansas City, MO, USA

The Phoenix Jazz Club Kansas City Reviews

Dalmia Dalmia
Nice cozy place to hear some great Jazz Aug 08, 2010
I have heard of the Phoenix Jazz Club in Kansas City, but had never been there before. So when my friend Jan asked if I'd like to head down and meet some friends Friday night, I figured sure why not? You are greeted outside by the guy that will happily take your $5 cover to enter. The club is "cozy" in size. But that is actually okay because just about anywhere you sit is a good seat! There is a bar area right next to the stage where the piano is situated. You're so close, you can literally reach out and touch the performers-if you were ever so inclined!

There is another bar area toward the back of the club with high bar stools and tables. Back here you can pick up one of your favorite cigars-but you gotta smoke 'em outside. The food was surprisingly good! Four of us shared Sriracha Hummus with Toasted Baguettes and a Spinach Artichoke Dip dish. Although both were really good, I really enjoyed the hummus! Prices were modest for appetizers in the $5-$8 range. There were also plenty of drink choices to appease just about anyone.

Although there is no dance floor per se, if the music moved them, folks got up and danced anyway! If you are into people watching, this is an interesting place to watch the customer rotation. We went to see Lonnie McFadden who put on an excellent set! We saw his fans come through, enjoy his performance, and then leave. Then the same scenario... next performer sets up and you see his fans come through, watch and then leave.

Fun place, nice atmosphere, and eclectic crowd. Dress code-anything from casual to glam.
The Phoenix
Jan & Earl
Me enjoying the music, good friend…
George, I mean Tom & Kat…
DTevon says:
Dang didn't u just write this like yesterday & its already a feature? Congrats!
Lord_Mike says:
I am pretty sure this is the jazz club I visited in KC....great review, congrats on your feature!!!
JP-NED says:
Congrats on your featured review!

Check Kansas City Hotel Deals