The Pennsbury Inn

The Pennsbury Inn Rates and Deals

The Pennsbury Inn Chadds Ford Reviews

IBeeJen IBeeJen
Feel at home away from home Feb 24, 2010
Located in the beautiful Brandywine Valley of Pennsylvania, the Pennsbury Inn has been added onto several times over the years, but the original part of the building was built in 1714. Every part of the cozy inn is full of character and history. Upon arriving, the innkeepers will give you a tour, informing you of the inn's very interesting history.

I visited just after a couple of very big snow storms, so unfortunately, I was unable to tour the 8+ acres of gardens, fish ponds and trails. I hope to return at some point in the spring for this reason alone.

The inn has seven bedrooms. I stayed in the Longwood room, which was beauitful and comfortable. The beds are sort of hard, but not so much so that I couldnt sleep.

Every morning the innkeepers have a continental breakfast available, and we're not talking miniature boxes of cereal and oj out of a dispenser. Fresh baked breads, coffee, tea, juices, milk, wonderful cereals and fruits. For those not getting an early start on the day, the innkeepers cook breakfast for you, made to order from the morning's menu. They were very accomodating and I had no trouble finding vegetarian options. Alerting them ahead of time will ensure that they have vegan or vegetarian options available. The last morning I was there, they cooked for us cream cheese raspberry french bread made with berries from thier own garden.

Every evening when we returned, there would be coffee, tea and snacks available. Our room was stocked with evening cookies and port if we wanted to partake.

I didn't take adavantage of the library or music/game room, but relaxing by the walk in fireplace (where the innkeepers stoked a lovely fire when guests were about) in the garden room was a pleasure.

The innkeepers were very courteous, friendly, accomodating and patient with even the most demanding guests. They really made me feel comfortable and at home.

Nearby attractions include Longwood Gardens, Museums, Antique Malls and wonderful resraurants.

The Pennsbury Inn Overview

c.1714 Colonial Country Inn, with 7 guest rooms (featuring twins to kings), 5 first floor parlors and 8 acres of award-winning gardens and wooded trails. Walk-in fireplaces, original wide plank floors and winder staircases add to the charm of this warm cozy bed and breakfast. A perfect getaway place for travelers far and wide who come to the Brandywine Valley to explore its myriad treasures. Locals find the inn a perfect getaway to "hide out" from the usual stressors of everyday life. Leaving their cell phones and to do list at home, we do not tell anyone you're here. This description is based on information provided by the B&B / inn.

The Pennsbury Inn Amenities

• Kitchenette
  • Microwave
  • TV
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • En suite