The Peak Tram

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The Peak Tram Hong Kong Reviews

uwatm8 uwatm8
'A beautiful perspective of Hong Kong' Jul 08, 2015
I only visited Hong Kong for 2 weeks, so I wanted to see as much as possible. The peak tram provided a wonderful panoramic view of the city. I got lucky and found a pretty good deal through Klook Travel. I was able to skip all of the lines with the help of an escort. Plus, the tickets were fairly cheap, so I'm not complaining. Make sure you bring a camera because the views are spectacular. Overall I would recommend the peak tram to anyone wanting a picturesque Hong Kong experience.
StephAAMU StephAAMU
Ehhhh - Definitely Pay for a Single Journey Ticket Jul 25, 2011
The Peak Tram is easily accessible from the metro via Central station and you get to past St. John's Cathedral which is one of the few remaining colonial buildings built by the British in Hong Kong. The Peak Tram (essentially a trolley) is directly across the street. The Tram has been operating in 1888 and ascends 1200 feet in 7 minutes. I purchased a single tram journey for $28 HKD. The tram was nice and offered nice views of the city, but the $9.80 HKD bus ride back down was far more scenic. I rode bus no. 15 back down to Central metro station and the dude was whipping the double decker bus down the mountainside at crazy speeds. This was my first experience riding a double decker bus so I rode on the top level like the tourist I am and took it all in :). It was absolutely beautiful, the lush trees and high rise buildings juxtaposed by older more traditional houses was absolutely beautiful.

But I digress, back to the Peak. The Peak offers a museum and there is shopping when you reach the top. I found a great Hello Kitty in a qi pao for my obsessed HK niece. You can also find a Hong Kong tourism center at the top along with lots of shopping. The ladies were quite helpful, one even supplied me with a bus schedule for my visit to Ngong Ping Village scheduled for the following day.

The Peak Tram is a great experience, but it's not worth all the hype. So take the tram up and the bus back down.
Jamal1280 says:
I feel you, I only took the tram down when I rode it. It was pretty cool, I thought, but one ride is enough.
Posted on: Jul 25, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About The Peak Tram

The Redeemer
Christ the Redeemer is one of those places that you've seen so many times on TV and in postcards that you feel like you know it already.  You wait your whole life to get there, then you get ther…Peak Tram in Hong Kong, only it was about 3 times higher.  Once you get to the top, the statue…
Hong Kong --- the peak tram & cable car
Oh.. it was already  11 o'clock  when we woke up..oh ..men.....It would be a late day...grrrrrrr.  "Hey, we were on vacation, no rush" Siomn reminded me with smile ... Today , the pl… Oh.. it was already  11 o'clock  when we woke up..oh ..men.....It would be a…

Check Hong Kong Hotel Deals