The Pavillions

Check Phuket Hotel Deals

The Pavillions Phuket Reviews

caseyc caseyc
Luxury Spa May 19, 2012
I stayed only for one night at The Pavillions before getting a boat to Yao Noi Island, but the single night here was bliss!

After arriving at the airport, I was a little bleary eyed and tired, and although I had a driver booked to collect me and take to the hotel, I accidentally got in the wrong one! The couple standing by me outside the airport also had a car booked, and in the mix up they got in mine, and I got in theirs. It wasn't until after about 20-30 mins I realised the car journey was taking longer than expected and unfortunately for me, my driver wasn't too sure where the Pavillions was. So all in all, it took a long time to get to the hotel!

The hotel itself was gorgeous. Instead of having rooms down corridors or in huts as you would normally expect, there was an outdoor lift which went up and down a hill stopping at each villa. The views were amazing.

The villa was very large and spacious, with a big pool and lounging area. The lounge room was full of all the mod cons, and the settees and cushions were giant sized! The bed was fit for a king and on the pillow was a lotus flower and small poem, which I thought was a very sweet touch. On all the walls were lovely pieces of art and photography, even above the big tub in the bathroom.

Beside the lounge and bedroom area was your own private spa treatment room, and a massage was free, so it was perfect for winding down after my flight and confusing transfer from the airport.

Breakfast the next day was a buffet style affair, with many different options to suit everybody. I had waffles and fruit, yummy!

I wouldn't normally stay in places like this, as mentioned in my other Thailand review, but as I won my trip through my photography, it was wonderful to be treated like a Queen for while! The only problem with staying at spas, I think, is that you don't see the 'real' country you are visiting. This was my third trip to Thailand, and it was so different it didn't feel like the Thailand I know and love.

But to feel perfectly relaxed and treated like royalty, I would highly recommend this spa, and the spa I reviewed previously. It was 100% perfect in every way :-)
Lounge area
Spa room (it smelt gorgeous!)
caseyc says:
It was :-) Complete bliss!
Posted on: May 20, 2012