The Paramount

London, England

The Paramount London Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Room with a view Mar 09, 2012
Went with my classmate on monday night after watching classical concert at the Barbican. We went to a flight of stairs, greeted by reception and took the elevator. It was relatively quiet and there are only a few people around. We were given a table right by the window which afford the view of London, that's very cool...reminds me of the 360 restaurant I went in Vienna.

The food was good and the champagne is nice as well. However, I am not feeling very well at this time...still bit of a jetlag and taste buds arent working well yet. :P

After dinner, we went up to the view deck which is like a lounge area with the great view of the city. It's really very nice and romantic up there. Perfect for impressing a date. There is only one couple that we saw there.

We were told that reservation is not necessary to stay in the lounge and it's considered separate from the restaurant so if you dont want splurge, maybe you could still impress a date by just coming here for some drinks at the lounge area. Considering that there is no reservation, you might want to come during weekdays when its quieter or earlier during weekends. I would prefer a more quiet evening. It's more romantic when it feels more exclusive.

Highly recommended and will go back ;)
jhoc jhoc
The view is better than the service Dec 23, 2010
Near to Tottenham Court Road at 33 floors high stands the CentrePoint building. Occupying the top 2 floors is a restaurant and viewing gallery called the Paramount. This used to be a private members only affair but has recently been opened for public bookings. The 32nd floor is the main restaurant which has a number of tables, most of them window facing, but a few are positioned slightly inwards. There is also a 30-40 person private dining room with window views and a number of lounge sofas which looked great to enjoy a cocktail by.

I was there for a lunch sitting which contained a good mix of city types in suits alongside non-suits and a few tourists. There is a dress code which states no jeans or sneakers but I think I did see some blue denim mixed in so hard to say how serious they are about that –perhaps it more reserved for their dinner crowd.

The wine list isn’t pages upon pages which I thought was good, instead there are a couple of good bottles in each colour across the popular regions. I was pleased with the selections we made and moved onto the starters. The food has a French bias but some popular British meat dishes too all priced like a high end gastro pub, which isn’t bad considering the view of London you get from atop the building.

Most of us opted for their rib-eye which came out cooked as asked for but 1 out of the 3 was a noticeably poor cut with a good percentage of the meat inedible due to gristle. Mine was great but I wasn’t impressed by my mate’s. The service was mediocre throughout the meal I thought. On two occasions I had to get up and grab the bottle of white out of the bucket and begin to pour it for my companions before someone came over to step in. The dining room was buy but I felt in general the wait staff wasn’t very attentive.

After the meal we climbed the internal stair case to the viewing gallery which is a small perimeter of seats around the windows. There is a bar to order drinks at and wait staff to keep you topped up. Sadly it was rainy and gray on our day (you can see from the photo) but it still offered great views of Oxford Street, the city towers, Parliament and the Thames.

I’d recommend this place more for having a drink than a meal but if faced with a decision between a nice pub or here you might chose the Paramount for the nice view and similar price.

Related Travel Blogs About The Paramount

OSB’s Sunday Afternoon with a 107 Year Organist,The Franzini Family & Buster Keaton
A Sunday afternoon with 107 year old Rosa Rio (she doesn’t look a day over 103 no kidding) at the Mighty Wurlitzer 1400 pipe Tampa Theatre Organ accompanying Buster Keaton’s silent film, “…Paramount, RKO Patio theatres, & the Crown Theatre in New London, Connecticut.     As the heyday of the theatre…

Check London Hotel Deals