The Pantages Theatre

The Pantages Theatre - Looking down to the first floorL

The Pantages Theatre Hollywood Reviews

breezejen breezejen
Live Theater in LA Nov 05, 2010
I haven’t gone to see live theater in a while. Although there’s a lot of entertainment in Los Angeles, there aren’t too many block buster performances and/or theaters that attract a huge draw. Fortunately I had the opportunity to see “The Phantom of the Opera” at the Pantages Theatre. Once in a while LA will get a pretty good show to come by, so it’s hit and miss if you get an opportunity to see a decent one. Past shows include “The Lion King”, “Wicked”, :Rent” etc. Just check the website to see which performance is current.

I’ve lived in LA for 30+ years and I’ve never been to the Pantages Theatre. It’s located on Hollywood Blvd. between argyle and Cahuenga and is walking distance to the new W hotel and tons of bars and restaurants. A good idea for going to this place is to make a whole day of it. Most of the performances start around 6:30 or 7:00. If you get tot he theater early, you can have a pre-show dinner at one of the restaurants in the area, you can walk around and admire the walk of fame or you can have a drink. If cocktails are your thing, I’d advise to walk to one of the bars along Hollywood as you can easily get happy hour prices. Inside the theater, there are a few bars inside but drinks are way expensive. $7 for a Fetzer cab out of a plastic cup, is just ridiculous.

The Pantages is a landmark in LA and has been around for as long as I can remember. It’s you typical elegant theater with plush seats, the red curtains, the stylish foyer with extravagant designs and the sweeping stair cases. It’s a treat in itself just to see the inside of the theater. But surprisingly, the ushers will not let you take pictures inside the seating area.

The ticket prices are pretty standard as far as live theater goes. More expensive tickets close to center stage rage upward to $100+. We sat in the balcony which even though far from the stage, were still decent seats and tickets were less than $40. The acoustics and sound were excellent, but as with everything, the further you sit, the harder it is to see.

As a whole, my trip to the theater was an awesome experience and I’ll make an effort to do this again and again.
Outside the theater
Looking down to the first floorL
The foyer of the Pantages
The Pantages at night

Related Travel Blogs About The Pantages Theatre

Hollywood and the Farmers Market
Yesterday we went to Hollywood and the Famer's Market in Los Angeles. I had been to both places several times in the past but always fun  places to revisit. The person who drove was on his way t…Hollywood Blvd, included Madame Tussaud's, the Egyptian Theatre, the Capitol Records Bldg, Pantages, Hollywood and Vine and of course…
Hooray for Hollywood!
Friday was going to be a very full day, but I had my route planned and wanted to get an early start. But, the morning greeted me with rain, drizzle, and overcast! Two major stops would be West Los An…Hollywood. Near here is the Pantages Theatre , once a cinema, but now a legitimate theatre that hosts national touring companies…
"I Feel Wicked!"
I can never sleep well in unfamiliar beds or without my fiance so I woke up quite early for me- between 6:30 and 7 am. RA woke up at the same time so she got up and started getting ready while I loun…Hollywood Blvd. It's pretty seedy around there!! Parking was really easy to find. Big signs announcing the "Pantages Theatre

Check Hollywood Hotel Deals