The Palace of Fine Arts

The Palace of Fine Arts - me and my two friends on our way back

The Palace of Fine Arts San Francisco Reviews

rabrown rabrown
Quite fun, go during the summer if possible! Jan 18, 2012
This is somewhat of a weird review, but my friend said I should put it on here so I did. The palace of fine arts in sf is more an area of the city than a true place. There are events and a theatre area but in my opinion it is the perfect place to take a date in the city. It is quiet (typically), intimate and a nice place to take a picnic and relax if the fog ever goes away. It is quite beautiful on the outside and I have only ever been in the theatre once but it was satisfactory. Utilize the area in SF and its beautiful architecture with friends and it is quite fun. My photos are of the palace on new years night walking home, me and a few friends thought it would be fun to take some photos here and so forth. In the day time, it can even be more beautiful! Enjoy!
The ceiling of the dome
The palace from across the pond, g…
me and my two friends on our way b…
priscillaramirez25 priscill…
Great Place to Relax and Take in the View Jan 13, 2012
the Palace of Fine Arts is one of my favorite places to visit when I'm in San Francisco. Not only do you get some history, the Palace was built in the 1910's for the Pan Pacific Expo. but you also get the pleasure of the grassy knoll to have a picnic or just sit and relax.

a few benefits Free parking! It's really hard to find free parking in San Francisco. Also, you the Palace of Fine Arts is right next to the Exploratorium and across the way from the Beach.
priscillaramirez25 says:
Hi. The picture sure is of the palace. Of fine arts. :)
Posted on: Jan 17, 2012
wongjst wongjst
Jul 06, 2007
The Palace of Fine Arts has been a favorite wedding location for brides and grooms throughout the San Francisco Bay Area in the Marina District.

It's a pity that now the park is under renovation since 2005 and a fundraising effort was launched.

The dome of the Palace of Fine Arts just outside the Exploratorium and the adjacent lagoon have often been used as backdrops for movies.

Related Travel Blogs About The Palace of Fine Arts

One Final Fun Filled Day
  The next day we were up bright and early yet again, though we actually slept in until about 9:00AM.  Woo hoo!  Today we would be walking past Pier 39 again for some touristy trinket…San Francisco.  Having been there before, I have some unobstructed photos, so I will use those as they have more wow factor.  The Palace of Fines Arts

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals