The Oyster Bar

The Oyster Bar  - Outside the restaurant

The Oyster Bar Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A wonderful little gem Oct 17, 2011
When you're at The Oyster Bar you are in for a really nice surprise and service.

I was back in Brussels and as a natural thing I was looking for places where I could have some oysters. I have always connected Brussels and to me there's nothing better than a glass of wine and six oysters.

I was staying in the middle of the city center, next door to Passage du Nord 25 that is a small Gallery. I remember the Passage du Nord for two things; one was a small lunch restaurant and the second thing was an oyster bar run by Yves Delvaux.

I was so happy to see that the place was still open because I was sure he closed at 6 pm but it turned out that the restaurant was open Monday till Saturday from 11 am – 19 pm. When I came to the shop there were a lot of people standing outside taking pictures of the place and Yves was explaining about what he had to offer there.

I entered the small oyster bar while Yves still were entertaining the photographers outside. I took a seat in the middle of the bar and looked at the offering. The bar is in a real maritime look, you almost feel close to the seaside. Inside Yves has used bright woodwork and maritime item are shattered allover, even hanging down from the ceiling.

I decided to have 6 oysters and a glass of wine. The oysters were served on a plate covered in seaweed. The oysters were great and the wine fitted well to oysters. I didn’t stay long because the people outside turned out to be a part of large group that was in for an evening with Yves and his knowledge and I wanted to head on.

Visiting The Oyster Bar is a great little must if you like love oysters.
My oyster plate
Africancrab says:
Nice review, reminds me of Orly, France where I first ate Oysters.
Posted on: Oct 22, 2011