12-1, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The Owls Cafe Kuala Lumpur Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
The Owls Cafe Aug 02, 2015
This cafe is Owl themed, so its interior is all about owls, including certain teapots. Nice place if you're the type who likes to selfie your meals to be uploaded to Instagram. +1

On weekdays it's opened till 7pm only, which is VERY odd for eateries in KL, where most eateries close at 10pm, 10.30pm, some even open 24 hours. And they call themselves owls? -1

The first time I went, it was closed. Second time I went, it was so packed we were probably the 15th on waiting list. We left. -1

Third time lucky. Menu was simple and limited, with no photos. We depended on other instagrammer's photos to decide on our order. Order and pay at the cashier, but they'll serve it at your table. Cash only. -1

I personally find the owner/waitresses rather unprofessional. Although they had aprons on, they were wearing short denim pants, ala kpop style. Looks like they're serving in their pyjamas. Guys probably like it though. Attitude also not that friendly. -1

Taste wise, OK, but nothing special. Presentation was good. +1

This is a place I feel people would come only for one time, not really for repetitive visits. And the reason to come is to try out new cafes/ take photos, not for the taste.

I will definitely not come back to this cafe because it's the last thing that went into my stomach before I had severe diarrhea and vomiting, so the thoughts of it gives me the goosebumps.

Check Kuala Lumpur Hotel Deals