The Owl House

75 Marshall Street, Rochester, NY, USA

The Owl House Rochester Reviews

perfektewelle perfekte…
The Owl House: Delectable Nibbles for Omnivores, Herbivores, Glutards, and More Oct 07, 2010
The Owl House is my favorite restaurant in Rochester, hands down.

Why?

Because the walls are lined with the work of local artists.

Because "fresh" isn't a good enough word to describe the food.

Because they support local.

Because I feel like I am traveling each time that I open a menu as options like The Saigon and Moroccan Beef Jerky dance in front of me.

Because there are incredible selections for carnivores, vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free friends.

Because they serve absinthe and some of the most imaginative cocktails in town.

and because the food has been absolutely spectacular each time that I have visited.

The Owl House explores the exotic, it tantalizes your taste buds and creates combinations that you would not typically get to enjoy. The menu at The Owl House plays with your palette.

Deciding what to order proves to be challenging each time that I arrive. I want everything. I constantly battle the decision to go with one of the incredible dishes that I have already tried, or to dive into the unknown.

I have my staples, of course.

Favorite Appetizer:

Owl's Baked Nachos - Braised Pork Shoulder or House Smoked Tofu, Melted Cheddar & Feta or Daiya Vegan Cheese, Tortilla Chips, Salsa Verde, Guacamole, Chipotle Sour Cream, Chopped Tomato, Cabbage Slaw, Black Bean & Corn Salsa

I love this modern take on nachos. Since I do not have any dietary restrictions, I order the nachos with the pork and normal cheese. I especially love the capers.

Favorite Entree:

The Cherub: Seared Med-Rare Sirloin Steak, Roasted Portobello, Gorgonzola, Pickled Red Onion, Baby Arugula on Baguette

It is juicy and delicious and the pickled red onion adds depth to the flavors.

Favorite Dessert:

Chocolate Mousse - Cocoa-Avocado Puree, Fresh Fruit, Cacao Nibs

Yes. You read that correctly. Cocoa-avocado. It's delicious and rich, and don't worry, it doesn't taste like avocado.

Favorite Drink:

That would go to either the Ginger Mint Julep or Absinthe. They periodically have a cocktail called the Aubrey Horne which is like an absinthe mojito. Incredible.

If you're into adventure, new flavors, and new twists on old favorites, check out the Owl House. I promise that you'll enjoy it. And hey, with as often as I frequent the place, you might just make a new friend.

Check Rochester Hotel Deals