The Other Room

(310) 396-6230 - (310) 396-6230

The Other Room Venice Reviews

Eric Eric
Jan 05, 2007
The Other Room is one of many bars in the Abbot-Kinney area, and probably one of the best. My own personal experiences have been a bit mixed. The first time I went there (I think it was on a Friday night), it was so packed with people that it was difficult to move around and the music was so loud that it was a bit difficult to talk to people. The second time I went (this time on a Saturday before Christmas), it was perfect. There were still lots of people here, but few enough that you could actually get a seat on one of the numerous, comfortable couches and hear the people next to you. In addition to the seats by the bar, there are two cool rooms in the back that have couches/seats along the walls. If you can manage to get here when it's not too packed, this is a perfect place to relax and chat with a group of friends.Note -- I don't think they serve hard alcohol here, only beer and wine. They have a lot of different beers on tap though, so the selection is pretty good.
David David
Jan 06, 2007
I went here for the first time with Eric. I enjoyed it a lot. The music is decent and the volume isn't so loud that you can't carry a conversation with someone sitting/standing a few feet away.They have a wide selection of beer. You could say its worldly. I didn't see any liquor either so I'm guessing its just beer and wine.The interior is nicely designed, when I was there it wasn't so crowded so it seemed like it was at the optimal occupancy. I could see that *if* it was crowded you would want to claim a spot and not move from it. Otherwise this is a great place to try out some exotic beers and chill with your friends.They do have this non-alcholic root beer that had a vicious bite, it was interesting.

Related Travel Blogs About The Other Room

0444 My Childhood Fantasy City (Italy 001—new)
Since starting this 30 day bus pass thing, there’s been once city at the top of my list:  Venice.  Finally I’ve been able to book a ticket there.   So why is a great adventurer l…room in Venice in the middle of the summer… I head out from the station to try to get my bearings…
Here's Looking at No Luggage, Kid
The flight to Casablanca was long and required 2 layovers: one in Washington DC and one in Geneva. Luckily I had friends in both places, and was able to meet for drinks in both places. Unfortunate…Venice, Italy) - including the rooms at the bottom with the lotus-shaped pools to perform ablutions and the hammam (spa).  Absolutely…
We woke up early on July 4th to catch our train from Prague to Munich. We were all excited to take our first nonstop train and arrive in Munich with enough time to make a delicious Fourth of July mea…room. It turns out that three boys we met at our hostel in Venice were staying in the dorm room

Check Venice Hotel Deals