The Original Big Bus Tour

London, England

The Original Big Bus Tour London Reviews

davecos davecos
Well Worth the cost Oct 22, 2013
For a 2 day tour around London with multiple bus routes leaving about every 10 minutes- plus walking tours and a boat tour. This was the most worth while expense i had on the trip.

The tour operator was also very helpful with tips on when and where to see other sights like the changing of the guard and Madam Toussard wax museum.

For those of you visiting London, highly recommend this company and purchasing other attraction tickets via them.

I recommend taking the bus with the live guide the first time out, (not all guides are the equal) Paul was great! then feel free to hop on and off as you like to take different routes and see the city in a different perspective.
delicious-pursuit deliciou…
Easy way to get to the attractions Mar 21, 2011
I loved the buses. It's very much London and I found it much easier to get to the attractions than taking cabs or subway everywhere. It took you to Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square...most of the major attractions and I had gotten through most of them in two days so it was great, to sort of get it over with without spending heaps of transportation money...You hop on, you hop off. No switching buses or subway lines. very conveniant. Seeing everything at once gave me the opportunity to go back and enjoy what I had found absolutely great when I had taken the Bus tour and also shop(was only there for a short period), and really just savour the city with no regrets about missing this, or not seeing that.
petrarchanprincess petrarch…
Fast Talkin Mar 16, 2008
I really like this company. You get a free river cruise tour and three different tours to choose from. The red tour is pre-recorded and we went on the yellow tour, which has a live guide to tell you all the interesting tidbits on buildings and spots you drive by. You can also get discounted and fast track tickets to sites you want to see as you hop on and off….it’s fantastic! I knew I was going to like them, because I always like City Sightseeing tours…they always have really great deals, guides, busses and tours. The only downside was that the double deckers are definitely made for the summer, as in the top isn’t fully covered and therefore when it’s cold…you’re cold. Otherwise, they were really nice, informative, helpful guides who really took care of you. When there were only a few of us on the bus, the guide even came upstairs with us and talked and sat with us rather than only talking through the microphone downstairs. We even asked questions and joked around. It was so much fun. It’s also great because you don’t need to use the tube really that day, plus you see things in a short period of time, and don’t have to waste time travelling to get to a place you’re just going to take a photo of and then travel somewhere else on the tube…instead you can ride, click, ride until you want to get off and explore. Perfect in my mind. I feel like a broken record recommending the City Sightseeing/Original Tours again, but I just like them so much, it’s worth it!!
melissak melissak
Nov 23, 2007
This bus tour is about 20 pounds and its pretty worth it. It takes you to all the best sights in London. You can hop on at any of their many stops and hop off as well. Its valid for 24 hours so you have time to see everything.

Its a great way to spend a day in London. They are the typical double decker red buses and its a great experience to sit on the top, even if its cold and raining(like when we went). Its a bit expensive but it is fun. The guides on the buses are really funny and its really informative too.
melissak says:
thanks! vancouver has a double decker bus line? news to me haha, but thats pretty sweet
Posted on: Nov 25, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About The Original Big Bus Tour

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…London .   After I going a massive Toyota Land Cruiser with 2 Japanese girls and a guide and started out tour.   This took us in to a lion enclosure…

Check London Hotel Deals