The Olympic

Alykes, Greece

The Olympic Alykes Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Quality Touch In Resort Oct 31, 2009
The Olympic used to be a ordinary type of taverna, but have taken the time and money to do it up. Now it wouldn't be out of place in any town or city, but they still provide traditional food.

Been completely renovated and is now totally enclosed. great in the autumn cold, but also highly popular in the height of summer, as it means they can have a fully operational air con system working.

Situated just off set from the crossroads, it is in an easily accessible location. you notice the difference from everywhere else the miute you walk in. It is quite luxurious in comparison, with sofas and chandeliers. Very well set out, and there is a VIP area if you want to celebrate anything special, though it does have criteria over number of people and minimum spend to use it.

We had gone once, and for our last night couldn't decide between coming back here or going back to The Paradosiko. eventually it was the kids that decided, based on the fact that they though the saganaki here was better.

Plenty of staff here to look after you and, just in case that is not enough, they have call buttons on all the tables for service or an option to press for your bill.

As it had been the influencing part of the decision, it was saganaki to start with. I had a Beef Stifado(I was struggling to eat anything after being at barbecue in the afternoon) , the wife had Schnitzel and daughter went for Soutzoukakia.

My son had been given money before he went on holiday, and on the way to the restaurant asked if he gave us €20 could he get lobster for his dinner. He really does like his seafood, and knew he would be onto plums if he just asked for it, so I took his money off him :-D

The meal was delicious, all done perfectly, and had a good laugh when the waiter came over with a four foot long pepper mill :-O to season the Scnitzel. After the meal they came round with complimentary lemon sorbets to cleanse the pallet 8).

The waiter came back round with the desserts menu and we ordered 3. An Apple Crumble, Chocolate Cake and a Chocolate Souffle. They went down a treat, and I did kind of regret not ordering anything.

As in the rating, I would highly recommend The Olympic, as even with the lobster,4 cokes 2beers and a half carafe of wine it was only €100
Front of The Olympic
Beef Stifado
saganaki
Nice Setting inside The Olympic

Related Travel Blogs About The Olympic

Wake Up Boo
I'm not the world's greatest in the morning( most people would say that is very understated :-D ),even when the sun is shining, so I let the others head off while I got my head together. Rain the pre…Alykes to The Olympic, a restaurant that really wouldn't be out of place in any town or city, then…

Check Alykes Hotel Deals