The Old Siam restaurant (for Thai food in D.C.)

406 8th Street SE , Washington, DC, USA

The Old Siam restaurant (for Thai food in D.C.) Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Great Thai food...and that's all you need Mar 26, 2012
I love sticky rice and I am just about to order it first when I realize that I have to get my kanom jeep dumplings! Old Siam has a lovely seating area outside when the weather is warm and toasty; additionally, there are 2 small seating areas on the inside. The staff are quaint and helpful and for all the times I have gone there to dine, I have only had mediocre service once or twice from a waitress who never came back to check on our table once we received out food; there was a time I had to get up from the table to get my own water, but the food is delectable and I have taken visiting family and many friend here for dinner!

If you want fancy food where the garnishes take up half of the dish and the food isn't as fanstically placed in your plate, go to Sala Thai on U street in NW D.C. Old Siam has a great happy hour and it's a wise choice to meet up with a friend for a drink or for a whole meal. It is in a popular neighborhood, so feel free to walk around afterwards (preferably before 10pm-afterwards, wanderers could be something you don't to be around)

I would much prefer to circle the popular neighborhood for parking for just a morsel of Phad Prik King than to eat Thai food any where else in DC! Some of the streets require meter parking from the machine and then you have to put the receipt in your front window. Other streets don't allow parking unless you're a resident (so please read all signs carefully to avoid getting a ticket). I haven't gotten one, but I see the parking enforcement making their laps. Other streets, still, only allow 2 hour parking up to a certain time-so be sure to read all the signs. It is near the Eastern Market metro and the Marine Barracks.

Check Washington Hotel Deals