The Old Evangelical-Augsburg of St. Matthew

  based on 1 review   write a review

283 Piotrkowska St., Lodz, Poland

The Old Evangelical-Augsburg of St. Matthew Lodz Reviews

kamja kamja
64 reviews
Sep 17, 2007
The main temple of the Lodz Lutherans was raised in the years 1909-1928. It was the third Evangelical-Augsburg church in Lodz. Its design was made by the Lodz firm of 'Wende and Klause', and the final version was worked upon by the outstanding Berliner architect Franz Schwechten. The church was given Neo-Romanesque form. Its dominating element is the 80 metres high tow­er. The central interior has retained its original fittings, including the marble main altar piece and stained-glass windows executed in the Wroclaw studio of Adolf Seiler. The church is used as a parish church and also a place of concerts, owing to its perfect acoustics.
Internet photo
Internet photo
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!

Check Lodz Hotel Deals

photo by: EmyG