The Oasis on Lake Travis

www.oasis-austin.com - (512) 266-6444

The Oasis on Lake Travis Austin Reviews

robzvoice robzvoice
The Oasis Sep 05, 2011
I decided to make way to Austin, Texas, to get away from San Angelo, Texas, over the Labor Day weekend. After the long 3-hour road trip to Austin, I stopped by this cool restaurant called "The Oasis", perched 450 feet above Lake Travis.

Location: The location of this restaurant was very scenic. The weather was beautiful and sunny and I absolutely loved it. The building itself looks well decorated and clean.

I got a table outside to take in the beautiful scenery of Lake Travis. The food was great and the service was okay. It was a little windy and I just about had to anchor everything down on the table.

The food: The food I ordered was great! As an appetizer, I had complimentary tortilla chips with some kick-ass guac! I washed my food down with their great-tasting mojito and margaritas.

The service: The service was good. Not the best, but not the worst. My food and drinks was served with very little wait.

After I ate, I took a look around taking pictures before departing. I highly recommend eating at The Oasis if you ever pass through Austin, Texas.

Here is their website: http://www.oasis-austin.com/
HCSmooth66 HCSmooth…
It's all about the sunset Aug 23, 2009
The Oasis on Lake Travis is, as the name suggests, on Lake Travis. Lake Travis is a man-made lake caused by the damming of the Colorado River that flows through downtown Austin. It is a great recreational lake with party boats going all summer long. An Austin summer seems to last forever.

The Oasis is in Northwest Austin and quite a trek from downtown, especially if you catch the ever worsening traffic situation. The restaurant itself is high above the water surface up on a hill. It is situated on the east side of Lake Travis.

The food is good, and from what I hear is actually improved compared to how it was prior to a fire that caused them to rebuild. I had some Tex-Mex food, and as usual enjoyed it thoroughly. Nothing about the food really stuck out as being unique or any better or worse than any other Tex-Mex place I'd ever been.

Colorful umbrellas are all over the massive deck to shield patrons from the brutal Austin sunshine. The umbrellas are taken down as the sun starts sinking and the true star of the Oasis experience takes the stage.

The Oasis is all about the sunset. You don't go for the food, it just happens to be a place to eat. This is the best place to catch the sunset in Central Texas that I've ever seen. If you're into great sunsets then this is definitely the place to be.

There seemed to be plenty of parking, though the parking lots weren't paved so you're likely to get a nice layer of dirt on your car.
Flyinhigh says:
Nice
Posted on: Aug 25, 2009
HCSmooth66 says:
Yeah, and I'll try to dig up some pictures that I took as well. But I'm in the midst of a move, so I'm not entirely organized.
Posted on: Aug 23, 2009
Quest says:
sure sounds like a nice place :o)
Posted on: Aug 23, 2009