The Northshore Hostel Maui

Check Maui Hotel Deals

The Northshore Hostel Maui Reviews

rvegas rvegas
North shore hostel Feb 12, 2010
Its a good hostel. Although they have too many rules and treat guests like kids. They went crazy with the label maker. They have labels on everything including the toilet flush and shower.

The staff is cool, but unhappy. They would not help guests if their shift ended. Guests had to wait until someone decided to help, and this was at 2PM in the afternoon. I would hate to arrive here at midnight.

Everything had to be off by 10 PM.

The hostel is in a good location, clean and secure.
row-zzzzz says:
makres me want to book LOL
Posted on: Mar 02, 2010
jaclynkiwi jaclynki…
Sep 04, 2007
I thought I should review this hostel on because that's how I found it. It's a typical example of "you get what you pay for" and for $20/night, you wouldn't expect much.

I have stayed in a few dozen hostels in my time and this one was by far the shadiest. Some of the people were normal and others were more like crack whores. The place was an old house down an alley, equipped with uncomfortable homemade bunk beds and plastic-covered mattresses and pillows. Something else that I found lacking in summertime in Hawaii was A/C, which I typically have no problem with as long as there is a fan (there wasn't).

I stayed for one night and I checked out at 3 am, so for the few hours I slept there, it was worth the money. But if that had been one of my primary Hawaii experiences, I would have definitely been disappointed.
Eric says: