The Nordic House

Torshavn, Faroe Islands
The Nordic House - House 2
The Nordic House - Cafe
The Nordic House - Recital area
The Nordic House - 'Sheep'
The Nordic House - Nordic flags
The Nordic House - House 1

The Nordic House Torshavn Reviews

davidx davidx
Impressive Cultural Centre - Færoe Islands Jul 07, 2008
The Færoe Islands enjoy Associated Member status of the Nordic Council and two from the islands are included in hte Danish delegation. One of these proposed the creation of a Nordic House in the Færoes and a competition was held in 1977 among Nordic architects. The House opened in 1983. Work to extend it was still continuing when we were there in 2008. About two thirds of the building cost and nine tenths of the annual cost fell to the Nordic Council, the rest to the islands.

In it are a combined concert hall, theatre and cinema, exhibition areas, an amphitheatre style concert area, a dance room, a café and other facilities.

There are numerous sculptures outside and (unfortunately?) an imitation stone circle. (There is no record of life in the Færoes before the Vikings)
Nordic flags
House 1
House 2
Cafe

Related Travel Blogs About The Nordic House

An evening of Islandic and Faroese music at the Nordic House
We made it back to Torshavn quickly and we were saying goodbye again.   I made my way back to the guesthouse to have dinner, a rest, and write a bit on the previous day’s blog. Soon, it was …Torshavn quickly and we were saying goodbye again.   I made my way back to the guesthouse to have dinner, a rest, and write a bit on the previous…

Check Torshavn Hotel Deals