The Negril Lighthouse, Negril, Jamaica

The Negril Lighthouse Cliff Jumpers Reviews

Chokk Chokk
An honest living Apr 30, 2011
At the premises of the lighthouse in Negril I ran in to two nice boys that presented themselves as The Lighthouse Cliff Jumpers. They were trying to make a living of jumping from the wall around the lighthouse into the blue but rock filled water. It was a job that was not without risks.

I had a nice talk to them about job possibilities, daily life and so on. They were good lads trying to make an honest living instead of something on the other side of the law. Sometimes they made some money and sometimes they hardly had to food. Not all tourists would give something.

They jumped in the water for us and showed us some good spots to for where you could get some nice pictures. It was not spectacular in any way but it was honest and not risk free what they were doing. If you come by then help them in their search for an honest living.
Chokk says:
Well, they were some nice guys. You are right - starvation is not a huge problem with fish and seafood, mango's and stuff falling in your head if you dont care ;)
Posted on: May 23, 2011
lynn1975 says:
I am going to have to ask around to see who is claiming themselves the official lighthouse cliff jumpers LOL. I jump that quite often as well as many many people. Have no fear Chok they will not go without food. Starvation is one thing that will never happen in Jamaica, when one family cooks 3 families eat. Cab fare , clothes, shoes etc.. they may go without. I am glad you got to see some jumping outside of just Rick's. This is what brings me to Negril over and over.
Posted on: May 23, 2011