The Naughty Squirrel

Check Riga Hotel Deals

The Naughty Squirrel Riga Reviews

Vikram Vikram
Hostels don't come any better than this! May 29, 2017
I started independent and budget travel back in 2005 and I was always mesmerised by the idea of staying in a hostel - what was it? well a nice cosy low cost place where you could meet and interact with fellow travellers.

That was 2005.

Since then, hostels have become so "famous" and mainstream that a lot of these establishments are becoming as commercial and cold as a hotel. I'd go as far as saying that some hostels I've stayed in have felt like a low cost hotel.

So then, staying at this hostel, one of Riga's most notorious (and I say that as a compliment!) brought back some of the textbook charm one would expect from a hostel.

Everything about this hostel hits the nail - strong wifi on both the main (European 1st) floor in the reception and lounge areas, as well as the rooms (floors 2 and 3). The rooms and bathrooms are clean, each bunker bed named after a city (mine was called Tel Aviv,funny considering I came to Riga from Tel Aviv!), beds are clean, spacious and sturdy with a privacy curtain and ample storage and charging space. The lounge is cosy, ideal for the "hostel" crowd socialising. Very friendly and helpful staff. Well equipped kitchen.

I frankly don't have anything remotely negative to say about this place. If I really really had to nitpick, I'd say a bit more food storage place would be nice. But again, that's me being very picky.

In short, brilliant hostel. One of the best I've ever stayed at. I'll go as far as saying that this was the highlight of Riga!
The hostel is located in a very qu…
The reception and bar
Kitchen and dining area
At first, I chuckled and thought t…
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature!
Paulovic says:
Vikky!!! My favourite TB is on the front page! Well done my friend! Congratulations for being featured! :)
HORSCHECK says:
Congrats on your featured review. Well done and well deserved.
jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Central party hostel in Riga Sep 01, 2012
The Naughty Squirrel was a great party style hostel located very centrally in old Riga. I was served a shot of black balsam on arrival to kind of put me in the proper mood the hostel was going for. They had a very cheap happy hour. The communal area was very welcoming and full of other backpackers. Very easily found a group of people to go out for a few drinks. The rooms themselves were very clean and not cramped. The bathrooms were down the hall from the rooms but also clean and easily accessible.

Check Riga Hotel Deals