The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers

The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers - Some clothes, local in Riga

The Naughty Squirrel Backpackers Reviews

AdyFord AdyFord
Great hostel with much to offer Apr 11, 2013
I really enjoyed this hostel. I arrived intending to stay for 1 night but ended up staying there for 4.

You are greeted on arrival with a free shot of a traditional Latvian drink and given a map. The staff/owners at this hostel are amazing, they are so friendly and willing to help with information, translating, phonecalls and booking other hostels. They were happy to help with everything, and great conversationalists!

There are various events taking place in the days such as bunjee, shooting experience, clay pigeon shooting etc, and bar crawls! The common area is always full of sociable people to meet and drink with (beer is on tap at a very reasonable price).

There are so many rooms, I was in 8 bed dorms and they were immaculately clean, comfortable and had plenty of room for everybody to spread their stuff out (which tends to happen!). Every bed has a locker to fit your stuff in. Locks cost 5 LVL deposit if you're weary, but the hostel is very secure. You enter with electronic keycard to enter the building, your relevant floor, and your room, so no worries there. The common toilets and showers (for the dorms at least) are small, but clean, never had to wait for one.

The hostel is located on the East edge of the old town (Vecriga) so is literally 30 seconds away from the tram stop.

The only downside I saw to this hostel was that on 2 nights there was a bit of noise coming from the street, but it was in the middle of the annual festival so it was forgivable.

This hostel doesn't accept stag parties, and it does not tolerate abuse towards it's staff, which I greatly respect.

You will see all of the Hoscar awards the hostel has won, #1 in Latvia and eastern europe, #4 in the world I think I saw, over a number of years. Very easy to believe.
vBreugel vBreugel
Nice hostel in Riga Jun 11, 2012
Really fun hostel with a great atmosphere.

There are a lot of young people to meet, and to hang around with.

We did join the pubcrawl, and it was awesome.

There are a several opportunities to join common activities like a shooting tour, city tour and other cool stuff.

I really recommend the Latvian food night (Wednesday). They will bring you to a place where the food is very good, and cheap as well!

The rooms, bathrooms and common area's are clean.

The Naughty Squirrel definitely is a great place, and i will recommend it to everyone who stays in Riga!
Shooting tour
canuck_downunder05 canuck_d…
Great place to stay Dec 11, 2009
This was a super fun place to stay. Luckily we stayed in the newer floor of the hostel and had no roomates. But the main floor still offered a great lounge area to hang out and meet people. The kitchen was well equipped and useful. Also the hostel is just around the corner from a large grocery store.

We did the pubcrawl with the hostel and had a blast. Started with free shots in the hostel and progressed into a wild night! Great staff, friendly atmosphere and safe place to play!!!

Would highly reccomend this hostel!
pub crawl starting at the hostel
dutch_duke dutch_du…
Basic comfortable an welkom guesthouse Apr 28, 2009
Hi All,

We a friend and me just came back from Riga.

A great city! We decided to go without any reservations in what hotel or hostel so ever.

After a quick visit to the informationcenter down town we had a list of several hostels.

All different (no we didn't visited them all)

Never the less, we think it's a great hostel.

Run by 2 aussie-blokes with their wifes. All young people an d you can feel that in the atmosphere. Besides that it's like a warm welcome. Friendly, a lot of services, easy going though strickt in following rules. (like no untwanted guests in the hostel etc.)

Helpfull, clean not to expensive and quit and safe.

I read, before we left a lot about 'above a bar' or 'in the centre of town so a lot of noise'. Well i have to say, if you want a goodnight sleep AND in the centre you can find it here.

Oke, enough blablba, i don't work for them i just want to share my info with you all. Because i really can recommend this hostel.

See their site for more info.

Greetings,