The National Leprechaun Museum Of Ireland

Jervis Street, Dublin, Ireland - +353 1 873 3899

The National Leprechaun Museum Of Ireland Dublin Reviews

jameshendicott jameshen…
uninspiring, unless you get a really good guide. Dec 17, 2010
I'll be honest, I don't think this is a very impressive destination at all. It has the feel of a gimmicky cash in, just a collection of rooms with assorted connections to leprechauns, such as a room that makes you feel really small (good photos, but that's about it) with tiny tables and chairs, and the underside of the Giant's Causeway from a Leprchaun's point of view.

The guide can make it, though, and it was interesting hearing about the real past of Leprechauns and what they really represent. Our guide explained a lot of the mythology, and was clearly knowledgeable. There's other Irish mythology thrown in for good measure, too.

The idea of including 'leprechaun gold' in the price of the ticket is very silly (you can only spend it in the gift shop, and as a contribution towards something else, as everything costs more than the value of a piece of gold), and the rooms themselves are frankly a bit unoriginal, if well executed. A shame, as it could have been really good. It's definitely not good value for money.
bohemiaworld says:
by the way, I didn't get any leprechaun gold ! maybe they don't do it anymore. They do however sell coins for 3euro. LOL OMG.
Posted on: Aug 10, 2013
bohemiaworld says:
I agree - gimmicky cash-in. Tourism gone mad. I walked past many times and wanted to see inside so when my friend came to visit, we wanted to do something fun so I got to see in side. Gimmicky. Well now I know :D Kids probably love it though !
Posted on: Aug 10, 2013