The Muskerry Arms Bed & Breakfast

Check Blarney Hotel Deals

The Muskerry Arms Bed & Breakfast Blarney Reviews

hanleyscot hanleysc…
Perfectly Located B&B Near Blarney Castle Aug 03, 2016
It was somewhat early in the evening when we arrived at the Muskerry Arms Bed & Breakfast. If I remember correctly the drive there involved one missed route after another. Not because it was difficult finding, though. I just prefer not to pay attention to where I'm going. Cuz that's how I roll.

The Muskerry B&B is conveniently located right in the city center across the street from a park. It appeared that the local children were playing some organized soccer in the park. The city center is very small. Blink and you might miss it. But what is there was more than enough for the one night we were staying.

We did have some difficulty locating anyone to check us in but after Hali called them, she took care of the rest. The room itself was nice. There was plenty of space for two people and it was very clean.

What grabbed my attention the most was the amazing restaurant and pub downstairs. It seemed unusually large for a B&B but I was more than happy to spend some time there. We both had dinner. I had the beef stew and I'm fairly certain that Hali had the fish n' chips. She was determined to take advantage of its availability as much as possible while in Europe. Can't say that I blame her. I live in Florida so fresh seafood is available all the time for me. She lives in Siberia. Or Saskatchewan. Or wherever. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere. In order for her to eat seafood, airplanes have to fly over and drop care packages by parachute. There are no airports there. Then they dog sled the packages...well, you get the idea.

So yeah, the restaurant/pub is filled with dark wood tables and booths and decorated with all kinds of interesting knick knacks and is deceptively large. I could have spent the whole evening just drinking there.

Upstairs in the actual B&B there was a common area with a tv, piano, and games. We didn't spend any time there but it looked like it would be a good place to hang out with your co-travelers if you weren't interested in drinking it up at the pub.

Even though everything about it was positive, clearly the best advantage of the B&B is the location. It's right next door to a small grocery store. There are a few bars and restaurants within a block either way. And basically on the other side of the park was the entrance to get into Blarney Castle.

I definitely recommend The Muskerry Arms B&B if you plan on spending the night in Blarney.
Hali really wanted me to take a pi…
This is how you know you're on TB …

Check Blarney Hotel Deals