The Musical Zoo

(773) 719-3027

The Musical Zoo London Reviews

seventy6daytripper seventy6…
Jul 01, 2006
Basically the coolest show I've seen. The musical was in Cambridge Theatre, near Leicester Square in London. Rivals Phantom of the Opera I saw at the Fox in Atlanta. I bought a 25 pound ticket and was supposd to sit in the upper circle (2nd level/upperdeck/etc.), but when we got there, our tickets had been mysteriously upgraded to row K on the ground level.The show was fabulous. The performers were amazing. I have seen the movie once, but I could easily follow what was going on. Roxy, Velma, and Billy Flynn were played marvelously. Orchestra, instead of being in a pit below the stage, were actually in the background of the stage, easily seen by the audience. Whether it was because of lack of space or something else, the band integrated perfectly with the cast, giving the feel of the band being an essential role...which it was, of course ('Where's my exit music?!?!')I definitely felt like I got my 25 pounds worth when I came out of the theatre. The ushers were kind, performances amazing, and setting (London!) perfect. I definitely recommend.
Outside Cambridge Theatre