The Museum of Contemporary Art

Zagreb, Croatia

The Museum of Contemporary Art Zagreb Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Stunning Oct 19, 2011
Although this museum is a bit of a tram travel from the centre of Zagreb, it is well worth the journey and definitely worth going to if you are into contemporary art. Apart from the permanent collection, they also have an exhibition on too. The price difference isn’t that major, so it might be worth just getting the ticket which allows you entry to both sections of the museum. The art is very inspiring and thought provoking. Key highlights for me included the masks of women who suffered domestic violence, the videos which depicted protests at gay marches, the pictures of everyday life etc. the museum also has a slide running through the building, which you can go on so I definitely recommend this as I didn’t realise this until after my visit! I am so glad I visited this place and would definitely recommend it to art lovers. Even if contemporary art is not your thing, this easily accessible nature of the place will make you like this place!
Vipin says:
@ Jantima, the entrance fee was 30kn for the main collection and 40kn if you wanted to see the exhhibition as well.

@ Jutta, i agree. def one of the highlights of Zagreb and well worth the tram journey!
Posted on: Oct 27, 2011
TravChef says:
The entrance is free or do we need to pay? And if sO how much?
Posted on: Oct 27, 2011