The Moorings

Canal Side, Fort Augustus, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1320 366484

The Moorings Fort Augustus Reviews

Just Because We Were Hungry... Dec 30, 2007
The Moorings is a small dining establishment facing the canal in Fort Augustus near Loch Ness.

This place is very much a tourist trap to serve the bus tours that stop in town. But if you are hungry, as my cousin and I were, you would eat just about anywhere. Besides, we were not sure if we would have another extended stop on the tour to grab a bite to eat.

The Moorings has a red and white painted facade with a few picnic tables outside. The dining area has large windows with views of the canal and the foot traffic of tourists and locals.

Mar had a cup of tomato soup which was served with a roll. I had the shepherd's pie which came with salad, peas, and chips. The shepherd's pie tasted good and it was very cheesy. The fries were mediocre. I was surprised the meal came with that many vegetables. I didn't have enough time to finish the meal because we had to meet our mini coach. So I ended up taking it away placing the fries on the bottom covered with the meaty and cheesy shepherd's pie. It tasted very good on the ride to our next destination.

Service was mediocre but swift since there were not many people dining.

If you need a quick bite to eat The Moorings would suffice. If you want a meal that is more refined, I suggest looking elsewhere.
Mar's tomato soup and roll and my …
Inside dining area of The Moorings
View of Canal Side, Fort Augustus …
TRE69 says: was either we eat now or spend the rest of the day eating trail mix and energy drinks!
Posted on: Mar 25, 2010
alicegourmet says:
At least their food was hot and the place looked clean. Can't ask for too much when you are super hungry and not much selections around. Haha.
Posted on: Mar 25, 2010