The Mitraa

Singapore

The Mitraa Reviews

g_wedders g_wedders
Friendly and comfy Feb 03, 2011
From the moment I walked into this place I knew I was going to like it. In the common area there were a few people including members of staff watching the film Armeggedon and crying at how sad it was. Gave me a giggle anyway.

We had a room with one set of bunkbeds in and one locker each. The room was spotlessly clean and the aircon was perfect. The bunkbed's construction was a little bit flimsy but once you were settled on it was ok.

The shared bathroom was again pristine, the showers were hot and powerful. There was a washing machine for use and plenty of space about to hang clothes out to dry afterwards.

The hostel is just down the road from Farrer Park MRT station which provides access to the rest of Singapore, it's by no means in the centre but with the MRT so near it's easy peasy to get wherever you need to go.

I can't remember exactly how much we paid for this place but I do know we picked this place to stay as it was amongst the cheaper places available.

Very nice place to stay

Overall, I would highly recommend this place. It was as friendly and welcoming as your own home, and I would definitely go back there if I was in Singapore again.
Vipin Vipin
Friendly, clean, inviting, great location May 12, 2010
This is the friendliest hostel in Singapore!

From the minute you walk into the reception area to the minute you leave, the staff at The Mitraa are very welcoming, inviting and helpful. They are great at giving you tourist tips and helping you make the best travel plans for your needs.

The beds are clean and of a good quality. The air con in the room is good and there is even a night light - perfect if you need something in the night and don’t want to disturb your roomates! The bathrooms are of a high quality, with hot water and decent pressure for the showers. They also have a nice smelling liquid soap at the wash basins, and the staff can be seen to be cleaning and maintaining the bathrooms on a regular basis.

The breakfast is free and usually consists of tea, coffee, apples and toast. It is a basic but decent quality range. The reception has two computers which provide decent speed internet access at a price that is competitive with internet cafes locally. They also allow you to store your luggage for free if you have checked out and have a few hours of sightseeing time before your flight or bus. As the hostel is situated a few minutes away from Farrer Park MRT station, and is close to a mall and Little India, the hostel is a great place too be staying in Singapore.

The Mitraa Map