The Mercy

Check Kochi Hotel Deals

The Mercy Kochi Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
A Mercy to the Weary Jan 19, 2009
I should say I may be over rating this place because it seemed mercy to the weary for me. I had just spent a week in Delhi and this place looked fantastic. The lobby is inviting, the rooms are comfortable and the staff polite. Our room had a small kitchen too, which is useful if you have a longer stay here. It is a business hotel I think - stiff atmosphere, or so I thought. There was music pumping from somewhere during the night. I went to investigate and found it was from inside the hotel down below somewhere. I was tired enough that it wasn't a distraction, I was just curious. The lobby is fairly nice as a sitting area, but as I said it was rather noisy in the time I spent there. I gave it 4 stars for the benefit of the doubt because, but if you have a dislike of busy, noisy places this may not be a good choice. I only stayed there the one night so I don't wish to be unfair. It was otherwise clean and comfortable.

This hotel is in the center of Kochi. I took a walk around the corner and it looks like a commercial city. I didn't see anything of particular interest to speak of. There are a fair number of commercial businesses, however, in proximity to this hotel. There is a courtyard outside the hotel also with several restaurants. I do not recommend the Chinese Restaurant. While I was not exactly ill, I did not feel quite well the next day after eating there. The food was not very good anyway. Avoid this place.

Otherwise, it's a good stopover if you arrive late in the day and wish to travel the backwaters by houseboat the next morning, which is what I did. Have a coconut along the way - they chop it up for you right along the roadside and put a straw in it. Cheers!
The Mercy Hotel
Kochi
Stop & shop - coconuts
Chopping up a coconut drink

The Mercy Overview

This provider of Kochi accommodation is located right next to the city’s shipyard. The Mercy allows guests easy access to the quayside attractions. Other attractions in this city include boating through the backwaters area and cultural and historical attractions such as the Hill Palace Museum. Kochi International Airport is located about 15 miles away from the Mercy. The facility is located in Nedumbassery.

In total, there are 57 rooms for hire at the Mercy. There is room service available.

There are a host of amenities available on the premises of the Mercy. The facility offers practical amenities which include currency exchange, a cloakroom and a 24-hour front desk. The hotel also provides for the practical needs of guests with amenities such as a bar and a restaurant on the premises. Those guests who arrive at the establishment in private vehicles will find parking available to them.

The Mercy Amenities

• Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Health Centre
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes