The Menzies Sydney

The Menzies Sydney Rates and Deals

The Menzies Sydney Reviews

Scottd50 Scottd50
Jun 19, 2010
The room is pretty lack luster and there is no room to store your things.
empatto empatto
Little bit of Luxury for a quick city trip Jun 14, 2009
Just 20 meters from the Wynyard train station, this luxury hotel greets you with red carpets, friendly concierges with sometimes English Accents and the feeling of homely warmth that just keeps you coming back for more.

I was greeted by a lovely concierge who took my bag from me immediately and practically escorted me from the door to the desk (all of about 10 meters away). After checking in, he directed me too my room and promised he'd be up within minutes to deliver my bag and see that I was settled.

Unfortunately, my bag never made it up to the room with the concierge and after an hour of waiting for it, I went back down stairs to find it still sitting on a luggage cart. With no-one around, I actually felt a little guilty just taking my own bag up to my room. Not the best of first impressions, but the service thereafter was simply excellent.

Be wary of where you put your room keys. They are what I call the "credit card design" which easily slots into the door. I promptly put the key into my handbag and found it difficult to open the door each time after that. Little did I know that having it placed in the internal pocket of my bag right next to the magnetic clasp, would wipe the card of it's program and prevent access to my room - oops!! Luckily there was a phone in the hallway, saving me from continually going back and forth from the front desk for new keys!!

My travel agent had arranged for complimentary breakfast each morning and it was definitely worth it. Hot buffet breakfast in the Carrington Resturant was just perfect. From Fruit with your choice of a topping, to scrambles eggs with bacon, mushrooms, to pastries and toasts of all kinds, cerials and more. One cant say no to the "serve yourself and take as much as you like" setting offered.

Dinner was in the Piano Bar for me on both nights. A limited menu of "light" meals though the servings were on the large side. Slightly pricey at $20 a meal, but excellent value when compared to the resturant (at $35 a meal) or the sports bar (which was first and formost, a sporting bar - go figure!! lol)

The best bits:

- close to public transport

- food and service is fantastic

- great place for a little bit of luxury for a short stay

the not so good bits:

-standard rooms felt a little cramped

- possibly feel under dressed unless in a business suit or simmilar

- minibar very expensive ($7.50 for 750ml bottle Fiji Water)
yukiram yukiram
Menzies Hotel Sydney Jan 03, 2009
The water pressure of shower is not strong enough... The building is very old, but good services.

The Menzies Sydney Overview

The Menzies Sydney will be in close proximity of attractions ranging from the Sydney Opera House to The Rocks historical district. Also within walking distance of this Sydney hotel is the Sydney Harbour Bridge and The Royal Botanical Gardens. Take a ferry to Luna Park, Taronga Zoo and Darling Harbour. Guests will also be close to a varitety of dining options, entertainment, and shopping. The Menzies Sydney is close to many ways to get around town. There is direct rail access to the airport and close accessibility to many forms of public transportation. The ferries of Circular Quay are also a short distance away.

The Menzies Sydney has 446 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites. Guests staying at The Menzies Sydney will find rooms with mini bars, hairdryers, coffee/tea machines and satellite television. The hotel also offers meeting rooms for business or social occasions.

The Menzies Sydney overlooks Wynyard Park in the heart of Sydney’s Central Business District. It is located near many attractions, including some of Sydney’s most popular tourist destinations and a variety of restaurants and cafes.The Menzies Sydney also features amenities such as a piano bar, onsite restaurant, gymnasium, sauna and indoor heated swimming pool.

The Menzies Amenities

• Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Paid Parking
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About The Menzies Sydney

Day 6: Starting our East Coast Trip
At 6:00am the alarm on our mobiles went off, signalling us to wake up, wash up, have breakfast and get ready to leave the Vibe Hotel and head on out the Menzies Hotel for our pickup. It was time to l…Menzies Hotel for our pickup. It was time to leave Sydney and start our journey along the east coast…

Check The Menzies Rates and Deals