The Melting Pot

1564 Laskin Rd Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach, VA, USA

The Melting Pot Virginia Beach Reviews

mistyleatherneck mistylea…
Romantic, Special evening, Feb 20, 2011
We were meeting Blanch and Mickey for dinner since it may be the last time Mom and Rick visit me before I transfer to my next duty station. So, it was 630 pm and the restaurant was booked until 930 pm for the long weekend holiday. The parking lot was full but is sure smelled good outside. The maitre'd told us there was an opening around 7pm but she was not sure. If not we would not get seated until 930pm. What a busy restaurant. I don't remember being at a restaurant that busy in a very long time. Once Mickey and Blanch arrived we still waited until 715 to be seated, so our stomachs were really hungry.

The server was curt, abrupt and not really patient with us. The last time I ate fondue at a restaurant with my family was nearly 10 years ago in Denver Colorado. Soo, with that in mind we were not sure how this all worked.

There was two pots in the center of the table but she was selling the "Big Night Out/ 4 Course dinner" for us, but we were not really intrested in eating that much food, cheese fondue, salad, main entree fondue and chocolate fondue for 80.00/couple. The server seemed a bit irritated that we didn't order the "Big Night Out". She went and got us our drinks of water and rushed our salads to us. The menu sure looked great but the service was not what we were hoping for.

Mickey got the Ceasar salad, Blanch got the spinach Mushroom salad and Mom, Rick and I got the California salad which had walnuts, goat cheese and mesclun mix. The salad was rather tasty, but again we were rushed thru our salad course. The cooking pots we decided on was the court bouillion and the Bourigunonne (canola oil)The court bouillion didn't have much flavor and pretty much boiled the food. We all ended up sharing the Bourigunonne. I got the French Quarter which was cajun spices on sausage, filet mignon, chicken, and shrimp. Mom, Rick and Mickey got the Signature Selection, which was cuts of filet mignon, teriyaki marinade sirloin, chicken, salmon, and shrimp. There was sauces for fish, sauces for chicken, sauces for beef, we started getting a bit confused. We also got lots bowls of vegetables and tempura batter too.

The food was falling off in the marinade, I ended up cooking for Mickey, Rick and Mom since they got frustrated. It was quite comical and Rick and I enjoyed ourselves the best after all it was his birthday dinner. We were there until after 9pm and then decided it was enough for us. No wine was drank, no deserts were ordered but it still was rather expensive dinner. Over all I recommend this restaurant for a special night out for a couple or a birthday dinner for someone special.
williamsworld says:
Just the name makes me hungry.
Posted on: Feb 22, 2011