The Meatball Shop

64 Greenwich Avenue, New York, NY, USA

The Meatball Shop New York Reviews

vances vances
We had a ball here! Dec 15, 2013
The Meatball Shop features, you guessed it, MEATBALLS in about any conceivable dish. This is a small chain in NYC (I think they have four restaurants) that is about as casual as it gets. The Greenwich Street location was cramped, but that seemed to reinforce the ‘roll up your sleeves and dive in’ aura of the place. Tiny booths lined either wall, but most of the seating was a common bench running right down the middle of the diner. Jenn, Marcel and I parked here and were instantly waited on for drink orders (although we only ordered water and soda, they have a bar and cocktails seemed to be in high demand by the patrons).

This place seemed to be geared for efficiency and the menus were hard evidence. Jars of magic markers were liberally spread about and you just checked off appropriate boxes on the single sheet (double-sided) of laminated plastic. This approach was well laid out, with boxes included for specifying orders to taste. When our waitress returned with drinks we only needed to hand our completed check lists to her.

I was surprised to see meatball salads on the list and that’s what I went with. I was not disappointed. The dressing was their meatball sauce of the day, blending surprisingly well with a really diverse blend of vegetables, including some really good radishes! The only aspect of their high turnover approach I didn’t enjoy was slim pickings on utensils. Your place setting included a fork and nothing else. While it was possible to carve up your meatball with a fork, it would have been much easier with a knife and forget trying to chop veggies into mouth size bites. The worst part was not being able to scoop up every last delectable scrap with only the fork.

But utensils aside, a fun and different place for a quick bite in NYC!
My first ever meatball salad.
It's a tight space, but mingling w…
Vikram says:
Congrats on your featured review. I had a ball reading it ;-) On a serious note, I doubt I'd have a ball there as I'm vegetarian.
cicie says:
Congrats on your featured review)
yasuyo says:
Congrats on your featured review!!

Check New York Hotel Deals