The Meat & Wine Co

31 Wheat Rd, Darling Harbour, Australia

The Meat & Wine Co Darling Harbour Reviews

christl3 christl3
Mouth-Watering Meatery Jul 14, 2013
The Meat & Wine Co. on Darling Harbour in Sydney is located right beside the IMAX on Darling Harbour. I was treated to a memorable dining experience there for my two-year anniversary.

From the outside the restaurant appears quite new, clean and classy in a modern way. The wall to ceiling length front windows look out onto the picturesque, lively Darling Harbour.

Hundreds of bottles of wine adorn the walls from all over the world for every wine-lover out there to taste and appreciate.

The interior is full of dark browns and woody decor that accentuate the modern Australian cuisine that primarily dominates the menu but also touches on some of the 'African origins' the owner wanted to draw attention to.

This place is a meat-lovers dream! The menu serves meat in all shapes and sizes from kangaroo to chicken burgers to steaks ranging in cooking styles and absurd sizes, such as a 30 ounce steak! (Which means nothing to me because i don't eat steak but my boyfriend assured me was excessively large!).

I ordered the bruschetta for starters which was probably the best i'd ever tasted and my chicken burger came out served on a (very fitting) wooden chopping board/slab with a sharp knife for cutting! My boyfriend's kangaroo steak was delicious with an amazing sauce coating it.

The service was excellent. The waiters were all very attentive and kind.

It is a very expensive place, even by Australian standards but i would not hesitate in going back here. I would recommend this place to any tourist curious to try a kangaroo steak short of shooting and grilling one yourself! I am not the world's biggest meat-enthusiast but even i adored this place. There's something for everyone.

*Photos to come
tjwood says:
Definitely, I would eat there again and again!!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2013
tjwood tjwood
Great Choice amonst the many Mar 15, 2012
I walked along the Drling Harbour area looking for a good meal on my birthday. This place looks awesome form the outside and even better inside. There is seating outside alog the walkway, a good amount of tables inside on the first floor, but alot up on the second.

I choose to have the Barberra red wine, Kangaroo steaks, Sweet potato/pumpkin mash, Garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables for my meal. The kangaroo tastes great with the marinade they used. Not overpowering is the taste and it was well complimented by the wine.

The presentation of the meal was flawless and I choose another glass of wine instead of a dessert.

I mark this as expensive because you will be paying a preminum in the Harbour as it a toruist spot. Excellent choices for food and entertainment though.
christl3 says:
So we are in agreement about this place!
Posted on: Jul 14, 2013