The Meat Company

011 684 1787

The Meat Company Johannesburg Reviews

SoloSister SoloSist…
Luxury all the way Jun 05, 2008
I had a client meeting today and we decided to make it a lunch meeting. What a good idea. The Meat Company in Melrose Arch (opposite Moyo) is has a warm and luxurious atmosphere and wonderful food.

The specialty is meat (of course) but they offer fish and chicken dishes as well. My client had a excellently prepared medium steak with steamed vegetables that smelt so good, I nearly forgot my manners and picked at his plate...lol

I had grilled kingclip with veggies, spinach and butternut, with a sinfully good lemon butter sauce that I am sure will make itself known on my hips very soon.

The place was originally a house and converted into an amazing restaurant when the Melrose Arch district when built. There is a spiral staircase, if you wish to sit upstairs, that has wine bottles all around and all the way up. You can choose your own wine.

The food was amazing, the service was excellent and the toilets are unisex - but very well done. I am definitely going back - its winter after all and what better way to spend it than with steak and wine!
SoloSister says: