The Mayor Hotel & Eatery

Banegårdspladsen 14, Aarhus, Denmark

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

The Mayor Hotel & Eatery Aarhus Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
The Mayor Hotel & Eatery Sep 20, 2014
The Mayor Hotel and Eatery located at the busy main street in the centre of town. The hotel itself does not have a car park for hotel guests however next door is the small alley way with public parking space which can be use – free at night time but need to pay during day time except weekend.

If you do not have car, the bus stop is right at the hotel front door which is very convenient to get to the hotel.

When we arrived at the hotel, our booking was ready and the female reception was friendly and she advised about the hotel restaurant. In addition to this, there is free cookies and brownies cakes at the reception desk which is free for hotel guests and also a small gummy candies from “magazines” department store written at the plastic wrapper (Magazines mall is very famous in Denmark and most of the stuff from this mall is delicious and expensive compare with other stores). Anyway, we could not turn down the free offer and help our self to those cookies and brownies, and it was delicious. I wish I could have more cookies. Plenty of free maps and information about the city sights at the rack near the lobby and also free new papers to read.

Once we get our key, we head to the room through a small elevator since we have our luggage – I did not find any bellboy in this country.

The room is quite small and compact in my personal opinion however it has everything we need and wifi is free and fast in the entire building. The mattress is soft and comfortable with good duvet, unfortunately it only has one small pillow for each person – since I like at least a couple pillows on my bed. I do not bother to ask for more pillow since we only stay for a night.

There is a flat screen television and desk to do work if you wish. The lighting in the room is pretty good with plenty of lamps and natural light from outside through the windows. It also has a small cupboard to put the clothing’s and luggage. No air condition in this hotel, luckily it was okay during our stay and not too warm - however I can imagine it could get very hot during summer time.

I find the bathroom is very basic and pretty small. It does not have glass shower so the whole floor get wet after shower. Plus point, there are plenty of towels and the soaps has really good smell. Unfortunately can not take the soaps as it is fix to the wall.

At night time, it was pretty quiet albeit the location as we sleep very well and did not hear any noise from the next door neighbour or from the street below.

It cost DKK 995 per night (€134) for two people with breakfast in the morning. Breakfast was okay, normal standard for this type of establishment – omelette, bread, jam, cheese, ham, etc.
the hotel building
reception area
the clock tower view from the hotel

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Aarhus Map