The Maryland House

Aberdeen, Maryland

The Maryland House Aberdeen Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Taking a road trip break at Maryland House Aug 22, 2010
The Maryland House is a highway travel plaza (a very large rest stop) along Interstate Highway I-95 in Maryland. I-95 is the major through highway along the East Coast between Maine and Florida.

Maryland House is not quite like an ordinary highway rest stop. It is a large neo-Colonial style building with rest rooms, a food court, a convenience store and snack shop, an ATM, and travel information. The food is primarily fast food: burgers, sandwiches, pizza, and ice cream. But, you can try a Maryland crab cake sandwich there at Phillips Seafood Express.

Also on the property are two service stations for gas and other automotive needs.

The travel plaza reduces the need for motorists to exit I-95 in search of food and gas, though one can still do that. It's very popular with bus tours and you are likely to see one or more buses on the lot at any given time.

Chesapeake House, 15 miles (25 km) further north on I-95 in Maryland, and Delaware House on I-95 in Delaware are similar travel plazas. You will probably want to stop at one of these when driving I-95 through the Mid-Atlantic region.
The Maryland House on I-95
Colonial Maryland historical marke…
Maryland State historical marker a…

Check Aberdeen Hotel Deals