The Manchester Big Wheel

Just behind the Arndale, Manchester, United Kingdom

The Manchester Big Wheel Reviews

richy238 richy238
It's wheely good. Mar 14, 2011
First impressions may not seem that good but once you get to the top you can virtually see the whole of Manchester. Make sure you dress up warm though if it's winter as it gets a little breezy up there!!
sarahelaine sarahela…
Manchester Big Wheel Dec 19, 2009
The Manchester Bog Wheel is the large, floodlit observation wheel in the centre of Manchester, between the Arndale Centre and Urbis. It costs about £6.50 for adults.

Although this sounds quite expensive, teh wheel does take you round several times. There is an interesting audio commentary and the capsules are spotless so you have a pretty good view.

The engineering isn't quite as impressive as the London Eye, as this is a more traditional design of sheel and considerably smaller. Of course, it is also much cheaper than the London Eye. the views are great - we went at night so couldn't see out to teh hills, but the lights below us were pretty impressive.

Fundamentally, if you like observation wheels this is a very nice one and I would recommend it. And if oyu don't get impressed wiht big wheels then you won't like it. I'm going to try to go back in daylight sometime though. :)

PS it is pretty romantic at night. But don't tell any boys I said so. :)
skiathos says:
Ah.. so you type like me, lots of back-spacing. I think you should leave it as the 'Bog' Wheel wheel, it sounds more interesting.
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011
sarahelaine says:
Alas, no- just didn't check the spelling carefully enough. And the comments below are missing comments from someone who left travbuddy so they make no sense either.
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011
skiathos says:
Had you been on the sherry when you wrote this? hehe
Posted on: Aug 13, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About The Manchester Big Wheel

housewarming weekend
This weekend, I finally held my housewarming, having moved in with Iain last month.  This makes this entry almost the opposite of a travel blog – it is a coming home blog.  My sister and …Manchester Big Wheel to see the sights, and a bit of a tour around the city.   I didn…
Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Manchester !   Positioned in a raised plateau over looking the jungle this was an outside bar ��" monkeys and other wild animals surrounded the place…

Check Manchester Hotel Deals