The Mad Hatter

+44 2074019223

The Mad Hatter London Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Place of 'Quote of the day' in London Mar 17, 2012
After getting cold I decided to get the heat back in to my body by visiting The Mad Hatter pub. The pub is situated in a former factory where they used to manufacturing hats for the city gentlemen and therefore the quite odd name.

The pub is a large traditional British pub. The centerpiece is the bar and surrounding it there are tables and chairs. The bar was quite well visited when I was there shortly after lunch on a Saturday. Many of the visitors were having lunch and I must say that the food looked quite tempting.

I had just had a late breakfast, so I settled with a Fuller's London Pride from the Fuller's beer menu. There were some tourists entering the bar and as I was watching I could see that most of them made the same mistake as me waiting for a waitress to serve them at the tables, which just don’t happen because as in almost all pubs you order at the bar.

There were a lot of funny things to look at in the pub because it was nicely decorated inside with loads of details. I especially loved the examples of the old hats that were displayed over the booths at the far end of the pub.

As I was sitting there enjoying the place and the people I overheard the "quote of the day" as a father left the place with his son. "What are you doing kid, you are not texting your mom that I am taking you to pubs, are you?"
Inside The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Inside The Mad Hatter
My first beer
Chokk says:
Haha, you should visit - it is a very nice place
Posted on: Jul 21, 2013
rsvpme says:
Now, this one is interesting...sounds like one of those relic places.
Posted on: Jul 21, 2013
1morespicy says:
This place is down the road from where my Dad lives. I've walked past it a thousand times but never been in. Now I know what it looks like:)
Posted on: Apr 25, 2012