The Machiavelli

(206) 621-7941

The Machiavelli Seattle Reviews

chivato chivato
Jun 09, 2007
Where else can you learn to be a ruthless dictator and get a decent plate of gnocchi? Okay, maybe I'm playing it up a bit, but this little italian place in capitol hill serves up some of the best italian in the city for a fairly modest price (I highly recommend the gnocchi or the ravioli). The food is quality, the staff attentive, the atmosphere is cozy, the price is right, so where's the wrong? Not too long after I discovered this place myself, it was rated by zagat as one of the better restaurants in the city. Since the place can reasonably hold only like 35 people, this can mean lengthy waiting times if you go during peak hours. Throw in that the place doesn't take reservations and well, come early or come late or be prepared to wait at the nicely appointed bar. Don't get me wrong, its worth the wait (and I have had more than one Murphy's Irish Stout waiting for a table to open up). One of the best spots to just watch people as it opens to Pine Street or to spend an intimate bit of time with a loved one or friends. Also note, this is a dinner only as its operating hours are between 5-11pm.

Strange I don't see it on zagat's website .. anyway, still good stuff :). And remember, if you're not getting there before 6pm, you will wait. Seriously. Its a small, popular place.

Check Seattle Hotel Deals