The Lowe Hotel

Check Point Pleasant Hotel Deals

The Lowe Hotel Point Pleasant Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Hauntingly awesome stay Nov 14, 2013
We stayed in this hotel during a work trip to Kyger Creek, OH. A colleague suggested this place as it was different from your typical Holiday Inn, and very representative of Point Pleasant.

When we arrived, there was nobody at the lobby, just a man who told us that the receptionist would be back from shopping groceries soon. That was a little weird, but again, what is not weird in Point Pleasant. Finally she came back, she was a nice an attentive lady, and soon we learned that those two characters are the actual owners of the hotel. They own and run the place.

The lobby looks like the living room of a haunted mansion of a horror movie. Old furniture, a pendulum clock, black and white photographs, everything was setup to cause an ambience. We finally got the key for our rooms (an actual key, not a magnetic card) and we used the very run down elevator of the building. There didn't seem to be anybody in the hotel, and the walls were thin enough to hear what was going on in the room next door. I told my colleague that if anything happen, she could just scream and I could hear her, lol. The beds reminded me of my grandma's house. That night was very cold, not to the hotel's fault, but because the power station that we were actually going to work at, were doing some repair jobs and they would cut the electricity of the whole town for the night. The bathroom was minimal, but at least it had hot water. The toilet sometimes wouldn't flush. They provided a few amenities.

I think this place has a nice atmosphere, and it was not uncomfortable at all, as I thought the first night that it would be. To make your experience more complete, you should check the bar downstairs. It's an spectacle of its own. I mean, they even offer a tour of the hotel for non-guests. Also, it is in the very downtown of Point Pleasant, just a block from it's wonderful river walk with all the murals, and a few blocks from the obelisk erected because of the Battle of Point Pleasant.

If you're going to be in Point Pleasant, this is the right place to spend the night.

P.S. It's not hauted, if you were guessing.
montecarlostar says:
I know! Haha it was like the scenario for a horror movie... but nothing happened in the end :P
Posted on: Dec 02, 2013
WalterC says:
The electricity being cut off... that would makes it sound more scary! :)
Posted on: Dec 02, 2013