The Lotus Kitchen

Klang, Malaysia

The Lotus Kitchen Klang Reviews

Raches Raches
Sep 07, 2006
Most 24-hour places have dubious or expensive food. The Lotus Kitchen, in Klang, has neither. It serves up a combination of Indian and Malay food, which includes murtabak, roti canai, curries and dahls, chicken and deep fried seafood. It's a clean, open-walled place with ceiling fans and plastic chairs. The staff are friendly, but I think it helps to speak Malay.

The first time we went here, my aunt ordered for us. We had Indian style pancakes - they're super-thin and gigantic, savoury, served with a mild coconut dip, vegetable curry and tomato-y curry selection. It was all very tasty and not too greasy. The second time we came, it was for the roti canai, which was the best I have ever tasted. The roti is, of course, made fresh, and each serving is generous, crispy but not brittle, tasty but not oily, and just perfect. I had dahl and sambal curry to eat mine with - the sambal curry was great. Both times I ordered barley to drink, which actually comes with real barley in it (my favourite!). The roti only costs a couple of ringgit with the curry... what I wouldn't give to have a joint like this near my place back home!
alexchan says: